Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this item, if so how does it work, any problems?

Part # H-D part number 91558-01

The one that intergrates into your hi/low beam switch.. Thanks

Im so tired of getting off my bike and running into the house to open my garage doore, Also I have raynor garage door openers, any problems with that?

·
Premium Member
5,721 Posts
Joel I put one on my Dad's bike and he loves it. It works with virtually any garage door opener.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bproulxvrod said:
Joel I put one on my Dad's bike and he loves it. It works with virtually any garage door opener.
Thanks Brian,

They are on ebay for $90 delivered and Im gonna pull the trigger, is it easy to install?

·
RhinoRD
121 Posts
I have one and it is easy to install.

You do have to slice one or two wires in your harness to do it. Harley provided waterproof butt connectors for this. The butt connectors have adhesive in them that seals the connection when you use a heat gun. The unit itself is about 1.5"x 3.5"x.5" I zip tied mine to the brace under the fuse blcok. There is a unit that you connect at your garage door opener or slice into your existing button in the garage. This unit has to be plugged into a outlet. I plugged mine into the same outlet as the opener and zip tied it in place.

It took me about an hour to do it. It takes a little bit to find the right wire in the harness.

It works great (no more getting of the bike to open the door.) It has a pretty good range. Almost as soon as I see the door I can get it to open.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have this - works great from inside my garage - hopefully my bike will be done this week and I can try it from outside :D.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I installed mine about a month ago, it works great. Although mine the reception is not as far as the regular remote, but it is better than carrying one in my pocket.

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
:them: Love mine. If you have a metal garage door, range in front of the garage will be reduced a bit. If this is a problem, you might try mounting the receiver to the header above the door and extending the wires to your opener from there. I bought a spare transmitter that I still need to install on my Buell...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Garage Door Opener

Try Hobbit Distributing Inc
Phone # 1-800-946-2248
I bought one Micro opener for 29.95 about the size of your alarm fob.
I put mine on my clam shell,looks OK,works great and I can take with me if I'm going w/ someone else.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Just make sure you don't use it if you have a HID headlight in your bike. Turning the balast on and off will shorten the life of the ballast drastically.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts