Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the HD deluxe luggage system fit on the backrest and sit on the luggage rack instead of on the passenger pillion as the website states? Any ideas? Has anyone seen this pack?

This would be excellent for me and the little lady for a weekend trip. If it won't fit on the luggage rack I'm back to square one! Thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Your best bet if feasible is to go to your nearest dealer and tell them you would like to try it first (call beforehand and make sure they have one in stock). I got one of there other universal ones and while it isnt a perfect fit, I can attach it more than secure enough for trips, plus it doubles as a backpack.

just my .02

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Motown_VROD said:
Will the HD deluxe luggage system fit on the backrest and sit on the luggage rack instead of on the passenger pillion as the website states?
Yes it will. I looked at it at my local dealer a couple of weeks ago, and according to the parts guy who showed it to me, it definitely will. There is a little sleeve that is designed to fit over the sissybar and backrest pad, and the straps can be used to secure the bottom to the luggage rack framework.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
The luggage rack is only rated for 10 lbs of luggage. I'm sure it will easily hold a bit more, but be careful.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Joe, don't you have the Sac and half Sac bag combination?
Are you not happy with them?
I ask becasue that's what so far I'm planning on getting this spring, so, please let me know if you have any particular reason why you're looking into the hd deluxe luggage bag.
Thanks!

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
If you decide to go back to square one. Here's what I do: The Daypack Route.

While it won't have the stylish look of spending another $209 at the MoCo store, you can get a nice stylish daypack for $50 instead.

Sit the daypack on the rack. Wrap the waist strap around the bottom of the sissy bar support. Fold the shoulder straps around the backrest. Wrap a bungie cord or two to secure it all, and now you've got 2,500cuin of transportable storage, that pops off in 20 sec and is easy carry with you.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the half sac which is great for solo trips with the guys (3-4 days), but if I want to take a weekend trip with the wife there is not enough room in the half sac. The full sac option is there, but this one looks bigger.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I have the Half SAC / full SAC combo and it works well. I think I paid $214 + shipping for the combo.

I hardly ever use then so if you're interested PM me, I think we could make a deal.

·
4,638 Posts
Wow it must be nice to have such a big sack..... :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry I just could not resist...... :spank: :chair:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts