Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought some of you might be interested in what the new HD license plate mount (59726-04) looks like. I bought it because I couldn't stand the stock black plastic but wasn't particularly interested in cutting up my bracket or spending over $100 for billet.

On HD's web site it says the cover is for '04-later but it's a typo . . . the dealer books shows '02-later VRSC's. It extremely simple to install and they were so kind as to include a couple chrome acorn nuts to fasten on the plate.

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that you probably could. Right now I'm away from my bike so I'm going by memory but I think that it's just an adhesive reflector strip. That'd be cool to replace it with something else . . . great idea!

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Yea, but it DOES say V-Rod.

·
V-Rod Addict
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DrHeathenScum--

What would you think about an LED curtain that would animate arrows to replace the rear turn signals?

i.e. >>>>>>>> or <<<<<<<<

Picture it starting with one arrow and then moving left or right adding more arrows as it went . . . then resetting.

I dunno . . . maybe it's a stupid idea. Just thinking out loud.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
hmmm, I doubt there's not really room behind that thing for that kind of gear... perhaps though.

something like this is pretty feasible though:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Okay, before you flame me for resurrecting a truly old thread, I am doing it with particular purpose. I want to know if Doc ever came up with the turn signal strip he referred to above.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Hey Doc! You out there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts