Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After calling all the dealers around I decided to take my bike to harley davidson world in okc to have the ecm flashed back to stock since at $150 it was the cheapest. First they allowed me to leave the bike on the trailer and just back it up to the door. The tech was great. He had the flash done in about ten minutes then lead me to the service desk to get me my invoice.. I about fell over! $25 bucks... Seems the dealerships don't have to pay the almighty to flash back to stock. I appreciate the dealerships honesty and for that I will be doing business with them in the future. The service manager who quoted me the cost over the phone wasn't aware that the stock download was free and apologized as well... Good crew of guys. If you have a vrod in that area and need hd work done shout at Brian in service. Pretty knowledgeable guy...

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
wow a dealership that didnt rape u that is impressive hats off to them forsure

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
... nice to hear!

so how she runnin with the stock flashback?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Good to hear there are still a few honest dealerships out there.

We hear a ton of horror stories so it's refreshing to know that not everyone is out to screw eachother over

·
Registered
415 Posts
hd

Thats an extra $125 for winter mods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one.

Moto

·
Registered
821 Posts
That would have been $450 and a week of waiting for parts at my local stealership.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
NIce!

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Lots of that going on. We just hear about the bad stuff like in any service industry. Thanks for posting that up - I'm sure the dealer appreciates it. I have yet to be screwed by ANY HD dealership. Weird, huh?

·
333/1200 1/2 da evil
28 Posts
HD in orange county

That's awesome to hear the positive as well as the negative. The old saying goes "if you have good service, you may tell one person. If you have bad service, you'll tell 50 people.

I have dealt with both HD dealerships in my area (orange county, CA) while shopping for my bike. Fullerton/anaheim harley treated me horribly. I went to them first. At this time I had no idea what I wanted (I was leaning towards a fatboy). I stood there in the showroom for about 35-40 minutes with nobody helping me. Mind you, there was only one other person there shopping. There were four salespeople just sitting around talking. Finally, I walked up them and asked if they could help me. One of the girls responded "I guess so" The only saving grace for her was that she was pretty hot. I responded, "nevermind, I'll see if another dealership can help me." I walked out. A couple of days later I went to orange county harley in irvine/lake forest. I was immediately greeted by Michelle. She told me to walk around and sit on whatever I wanted. She said that I could test drive them too. "I told her that I had no interest in a test drive. Otherwise I might buy one right there." She just laughed and said that she would answer any questions I had. I spent the next two and half hours sitting on every single bike they had and checking them out. Salespeople came up to me periodically and told me what they liked and didn't like about whatever bike I was at. They had no Vrods though. Michelle said that she had a night rod and loved it. I asked if they thought they would get any Vrods in. She said "not until the 2011." She didn't push me to buy a bike. In fact she said to sit on a rod before I decide. I called the Fullerton harley up the next day to see if they had any rods that I might check out. I didn't get a chance to really look around the first time i was in there. When i called them up and asked, they said "We don't sell those." The guy proceded to hang up on me. I guess he figured I wasn't going to buy anything from them, since I was asking about the vrods. Needless to say I ended up buying an 08AW off craig's list. I had orange county harley check the bike out before i bought it. They didn't seem to care that I didn't buy a bike from them. Michelle just laughed at me and said " I told you it was a bad bike." I looked at their vrod section for parts and it is nearly nonexistent. They are not exactly vrod friendly, but they are very friendly. They will have my business for things that I need to go into a dealership for. Sorry for the long rant.

wolf

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My theory is that if any vendor treats me good and has a fair price, not always the lowest but a fair price I will do business with them. U have a few people I deal with on a regular basis with parts and service because of how they handle themselves. I am adding HD world to that list. Oh btw the v runs like a striped ass ape

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
DAMNITT I WAS RIPPED OFF FOR $50 When they did mine!!!
Nah, you just got charged the standard "California privilege tax" thats all. Did they at least offer you a latte? :laugh:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
My theory is that if any vendor treats me good and has a fair price, not always the lowest but a fair price I will do business with them. U have a few people I deal with on a regular basis with parts and service because of how they handle themselves.
:them: few forum members here I will buy from forever because their prices are fair (not always the cheapest), and their customer service is top notch too! v-shop & o2man98 are two that fall into the top of that list!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts