Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday I got a birthday gift from a friend. This book said it is "An encyclopedia of the definitive motorbike from classic to custom - exploring the legend of an American dream."

NO V-ROD STUFF IN THIS BOOK. WTF. This book was published in 2003 and again in 2007. I know my friend must have spent a good deal of money for this big book; however, I'm a little upset because there is nothing about the vrsc models, not even in the racing section. :mad:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
It was written by a bagger? Thats all I can come up with!

·
(Peter)
489 Posts
Don't you get it Vrods are like Unicorns. They don't exist. In this month American Iron there is a section on the 08 HD models, Dam not a V-rod in sight. WFT???

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
V-Twin magazine has V-Rods in it all the time. I like this magazine.

As for books, I go to the bookstore on rainy days (catch up on some reading). Everytime I see a HD book, I browse through and have never seen one without a VRod in it.

Can't help but wonder if your friend gave you this book deliberately.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Step Child

Anybody feel like a bastard Step Child in the Harley family? I do and it feels great! I ain't main stream and never will be. Ridin a V-Rod makes me different from the crowd. ALL CROWDS......
Rod On Dar:moon:

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Welcome to the dark side!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I have had the Opposite experience, I once saw a very Nice Coffee Table book that was a very well put together retrospective of HD and History and right on the cover was my 2002. I also see it in quite a few books, always near the end of course. Difference between the "HD Elite" and "HD Historians" is one is interested in facts and History, they other just wants to make sure technology stays the same.

·
Metalhead
27 Posts
foraker1sg said:
Anybody feel like a bastard Step Child in the Harley family? I do and it feels great! I ain't main stream and never will be. Ridin a V-Rod makes me different from the crowd. ALL CROWDS......
Rod On Dar:moon:
:them:
I love havin the only rod in the parking lot. :D I went on the March of Dimes ride over the weekend. Over 700 bikes in the ride. I only saw 2 other V-rods. Several airheads made comments on how mean the bike looks, but would never ride one. What gives? Did Evo riders go through this with Panhead & Shovelhead riders when it was new technology? Can't we all just get along? :grouphug

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was at the March of Dimes ride in Kansas City. There were at least 5,000 bikes and I only counted 13 v-rods. Lots of airheads coming over to look at our bikes. I love being different.

Can't help but wonder if your friend gave you this book deliberately.
My friends don't know the first thing about bikes. I'm the odd-ball and they admire me for that.

I'll post my pictures of all of our bikes at the KC March of Dimes ride. Some pictures have been posted by others. However, I got a 35mm camera SLR, so it will take some time before I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
"Exploring the legend of the American dream". The VRSC line is German, Porsche to be exact. The V-Rod IS the Bastard Child, Blacksheep, what ever you call it, its NOT a Harley. The Airheads are right, best of all, I would'nt have it any other way! Long live the redheaded stepchild (V-Rod)!!!!

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
pday said:
Don't you get it Vrods are like Unicorns. They don't exist. In this month American Iron there is a section on the 08 HD models, Dam not a V-rod in sight. WFT???
**** that rag sheet. I wouldn't privlige that shit mag with wiping my ass after a night of burritos & tequila. Those jerk-offs always disregard the V-Rod.

·
Registered
249 Posts
klrod said:
Did Evo riders go through this with Panhead & Shovelhead riders when it was new technology?
Yes! They did indeed. I remember a few people saying that the new EVO bikes weren't "Real Harleys". Sound familiar?

People inherently dislike change especially when that change represents an improvement over what they know and love.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Anyone remember the faithful calling the frame on he 1979 Sportster and the original FXR's "Japanese" because Harley actually triangulated the frame behind he engine. The criticism apparently was so biting that the Dyna went back to the old FX look with the shocks under the seat and Sportsters received a new frame in 1982 that artfuly hid the triangulation under the battery and oil tank.
I like that if a V-Rod didn't have Harley Davidson on the air box cover ( ! ) nobody would be able to figure out which manufacturer actually made it. It owes nothing to any other previous road bike. It mimicks nothing and copies nothing. It fits no nice neat catagory. It is what it is, which is bitchen.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Every single book that I have read in regard to Harley's has always had a section on the VROD, and always spok highly of the bike.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
dont care what others say or print, I got the V-Rod for me, I like it, so screw them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts