Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. I bought a HD billet headlamp and had it powdercoated black. Looks sweeeeeet to me. :D

·
WTF?
128 Posts
Wow, that just what I wanted to see. How hard is the install. Are there alot of wires in the headlight? I had a VTX 1800 and there were about 100 wires in the headlight. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beavis said:
Wow, that just what I wanted to see. How hard is the install. Are there alot of wires in the headlight? I had a VTX 1800 and there were about 100 wires in the headlight. Thanks
There are only three wires that you remove from the original connector. The bracket that came with the headlight was the only one I used. It mounted directly to the original DX bracket. I did not have to buy the extra HD mount kit. Saved me some good $$

·
Registered
143 Posts
waaaaay better than stock...i have all the SE headlight stuff.....just getting the visor painted. I like this one a lot. If anything....it could be just a hair smaller....but it looks great!!:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
diverse said:
It's a seperate part
Actually the small bracket that comes with the headlight will bolt directly to the stock DX headlight bracket. You dont need the kit that Harley sells for big $$$

·
Registered
203 Posts
Love the light!

Now either get the Rizoma bars and gauge setup or an aftermarket airbox w/ the gauges built in and different bars.

One of the things that has always bothered me about the rod is that ugly ass clam shell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i wanted to get the billet light for my 03 A model. Are the mounting brackets on the A's and the DX the same? bc if so i would just get the headlight and use the small bracket like you did. LOOKS GOOD:notworth:

they were also telling me i was going to need the light 324.99, then the mounting bracket 124.99, then the bulb kit which i think u still needed??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can I get a close up shot of the head lamp assembly. Id like to see what the tree's look like exposed.

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Billet Light Looks Great Relocate The turn Signals .....

Looks great I have been wanting to see this set-up on a rod and finally it is here. I think tho relocating the turn signals will give it a better overall look. Can you post a close up shot of the area which used to be covered by the stock light.

Jason

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts