Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Janitor of Anarchy
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm reinstalling my 28T pulley. I don't have the original instructions any longer and was hoping for some clarity here.

In the service manual states to torque the three sprocket bolts to 65-75ft-lbs. I thought the installation instructions with the 28T stated 72-82ft-lbs. can somebody clarify? The torque specified for the TurboTec pulley would be interesting to know just for my own edifcation as well.

Thanks.
 

·
Avenger Hawk
Joined
·
635 Posts
I don't have it, but if no one replies you should be able to get a copy of the original instructions from your dealership (even if purchased elsewhere). They have electronic copies of everything.

My dealership has been very helpful in replacing my "lost" instruction sheets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
reichard said:
Hey guys, I'm reinstalling my 28T pulley. I don't have the original instructions any longer and was hoping for some clarity here.

In the service manual states to torque the three sprocket bolts to 65-75ft-lbs. I thought the installation instructions with the 28T stated 72-82ft-lbs. can somebody clarify? The torque specified for the TurboTec pulley would be interesting to know just for my own edifcation as well.

Thanks.
I haven't installed mine yet, but I'm looking at the directions. They say 65-75 ft-lbs.
 

·
Janitor of Anarchy
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vrodjim said:
I haven't installed mine yet, but I'm looking at the directions. They say 65-75 ft-lbs.
OK, got it -- thanks. Getting good at taking the front pulley off. Maybe I should have a 28T upgrade party at my place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
reichard said:
OK, got it -- thanks. Getting good at taking the front pulley off. Maybe I should have a 28T upgrade party at my place.
I'm going to be putting mine on soon so any tips/tricks are welcome!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top