Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 28 thooth pulley, got her out of the igloo and went for a rip.

Love it . Thanks for all the info boys :ride: :vrod:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It really does open up the bottom end of the bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it really worth it?

I plan on picking up my V-rod Saturday. It is an 03. I have only talked to one other guy who did the change on his, and he told me it was a waste of money. :confused:

I believe I could do the change myself, but not the recalibration of the computer. I wonder what that would cost? :hmm:

RedDog

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think this bike could be any more fun........until I changed over to the 28 tooth pulley. Well worth the change!!

Go with the aftermarket pulley.....way easier, no special tools required.

Conan :ride:

·
Registered
82 Posts
RedDog, I have an '03, did the 28t mod over the winter. Put about 2500 miles on with the 30t. IMHO, get the 28t installed today, you will not regret it. Adds more than a handfull of power on the lower end and I have not missed a thing at the top, even the VERY top.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
I agree much better than stock and I don't ride the clutch when I have the ol lady on the back. :chair: :chair: :chair:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put the 28T on over the last weekend and I am very happy that I did. The V-Rod 1st gear is just too tall on the 02 and 03's. You can definitely get used to it how it's geared, but it's extremely nice to be able to drive around at parking lot speeds without having to feather the clutch to keep the bike from jerking on you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts