Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its at dealership right now. I had the reduced reach controls and reduced reach seat on my 06 Vrod but it was still a strech for me .I'm only 5 ft :( So I bought the Kosman's mid controls. Also changed the seat out and put a badlander seat in ,I like it better. Also while bike is there having a new exhaust and pegs installed.
Gonna sell my reduced reach controls along with reduced reach seat and stock exhaust. And probably my stock forward controls as well.

Can't wait for bike to be ready. Only bad thing is hubby will not be able to ride it :stilpoke: He's 6'5 and the bike has also been lowered, this is a girls bike ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,153 Posts
Sandstone said:
Its at dealership right now. I had the reduced reach controls and reduced reach seat on my 06 Vrod but it was still a strech for me .I'm only 5 ft :( So I bought the Kosman's mid controls. Also changed the seat out and put a badlander seat in ,I like it better. Also while bike is there having a new exhaust and pegs installed.
Gonna sell my reduced reach controls along with reduced reach seat and stock exhaust. And probably my stock forward controls as well.

Can't wait for bike to be ready. Only bad thing is hubby will not be able to ride it :stilpoke: He's 6'5 and the bike has also been lowered, this is a girls bike ;)
Awesome, waiting on some pics after you get it back. :popcorn
 

·
"A" is the only way
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
Sandstone said:
Its at dealership right now. I had the reduced reach controls and reduced reach seat on my 06 Vrod but it was still a strech for me .I'm only 5 ft :( So I bought the Kosman's mid controls. Also changed the seat out and put a badlander seat in ,I like it better. Also while bike is there having a new exhaust and pegs installed.
Gonna sell my reduced reach controls along with reduced reach seat and stock exhaust. And probably my stock forward controls as well.

Can't wait for bike to be ready. Only bad thing is hubby will not be able to ride it :stilpoke: He's 6'5 and the bike has also been lowered, this is a girls bike ;)

You should of did a trade ad on here someone would of traded you your front for their mid, you should have the mounts for the hd mids on your frame just would of needed the different motor mount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nic_a_bod said:
You should of did a trade ad on here someone would of traded you your front for their mid, you should have the mounts for the hd mids on your frame just would of needed the different motor mount.
Tried doing that already, but decided to go with the kosman cause of where they mount versus mid controls off a night rod that would put controls too close.
 

·
spit happens
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
Don't rid of the forward pegs.I have the Kosmans s/u,and left the forward pegs.Kinda like having highway pegs.The only time I have my feet on the mids is when I'm in throttle.I've found that if I ride with the mids all day long my neck kinks and binds up,stemming from a bike wreck 3+ yrs ago.If everything was OK I would be using them all the time.

You will enjoy the Kosmans,new riding position felt awkward at first,but got used to it quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah leaving the forward pegs to use as highway pegs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Sandstone, I'm interested in taking your reduced reach stuff off your hands if you want to sell it. PM me if you could. We are trying to get my 07 AW set up for my wife, 5'3. I ordered a reduced reach seat today, but may be able to cancel it.
thank, Woody
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
910 Posts
Sandstone said:
Its at dealership right now. I had the reduced reach controls and reduced reach seat on my 06 Vrod but it was still a strech for me .I'm only 5 ft :( So I bought the Kosman's mid controls. Also changed the seat out and put a badlander seat in ,I like it better. Also while bike is there having a new exhaust and pegs installed.
Gonna sell my reduced reach controls along with reduced reach seat and stock exhaust. And probably my stock forward controls as well.

Can't wait for bike to be ready. Only bad thing is hubby will not be able to ride it :stilpoke: He's 6'5 and the bike has also been lowered, this is a girls bike ;)
Will the mid controls fit a 03 anniversary? I liked the Street rod set the best.
Jim
 

·
"A" is the only way
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
vee rod 03 said:
Will the mid controls fit a 03 anniversary? I liked the Street rod set the best.
Jim

Not the hd setup unless you are handy with a welder, you have to weld the mounts on to the lower frame for the alt side mid peg and shifter.

I did it to my 02, but I had the whole bike tore down also so it was no big deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
If you use an R or D/DX exhaust it opens up the space at the swing arm pivot where the stock Harley mid controls mount. A bonus is the R pipe makes more power than the A or B pipe. The stock R controls mount to a pair of bolts hiding under decorative covers on the A and B model.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top