Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Have you changed the stock seat and if so what do you now use?

• No, the stock seat is good enough.

Votes: 54 19.1%
  • Yes, I use the Willie G seat.

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • Yes, I use the Sundowner seat

Votes: 118 41.7%
  • Yes, I use a different seat or an aftermarket seat.

Votes: 70 24.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you changed the stock seat?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use shortman (reduced reach)seat and I sent the stock seat to a guy in Queensland (where Karl Scott is) to be modified to become Willie G seat. He looked at the HD website for the pic. It turned up to be very a good seat, similar shape to Willie G, with some pattern. He modified it to 1 inch forward and 1 inch lower. I really love it. it costed me AUS$150 !!! compare to the real Willie G which is AUS$850 at HD stealer !!

This guy also did my other bike seats in the past.

:ride:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
dapriadi said:
I use shortman (reduced reach)seat and I sent the stock seat to a guy in Queensland (where Karl Scott is) to be modified to become Willie G seat. He looked at the HD website for the pic. It turned up to be very a good seat, similar shape to Willie G, with some pattern. He modified it to 1 inch forward and 1 inch lower. I really love it. it costed me AUS$150 !!! compare to the real Willie G which is AUS$850 at HD stealer !!

This guy also did my other bike seats in the past.

:ride:
What do you mean by shortman seat? I know tha's maybe because you are not 6'5" height, I am 5'10" and with my bars I tend to seat very much forward to not unnatural levels to get a better sensation of control. Maybe it's the motocross bug thing stamped in my DNA where you sit forward arms flexed with staright back, the rear hopefuly all over the place looking for traction. Very cool look effect on the V-Rod for street racing your buds.

Ahhh! Self induced tachycardia. Sorry! ;)
Drugs sure must be overrated :yak: .

To all. What would be the seat that will put you rather forward siting, not a laid back type ride.

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
I have a sundowner and I'm getting my stock seat redone in a style similar to a Willie G also, but I'm changing the color.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Wow, that was suprising. Lots of Sundowners, at least for now..... (8 of 11)

HoldHard

·
Registered
696 Posts
I use the Wiley G. most of the time but, for all day or multi-day rides I use the Sundowner.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I have 2 willie G's so bump that number! :thumb:

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
I'm really liking the Willie G over the stock seat. I don't mind that it's more firm and I really like the lower seating position. I would like to try a sundowner or Corbin on longer rides just to see how they work out.

·
justinC
102 Posts
Still have the stock seat, the first time I rode on it for more than 5 hours my lower back was sore for 3 days!! I told myself, this seat has to go. Ever since then I haven't had any problems. I guess my body just got used to it.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
Have the Corbin dual Tour i got from frank storms..day and night difference compared to stock..it is not the best looking pillion seat..but it is VERY comfy for the S.O...thinking about getting the hollywood solo for the shorter trips.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Max, couldn't figure out how to vote! I have the HD reduced reach seat with the fabulous Butt Buffer gel insert hidden in it. Which option is that?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Val I would call that a custom seat.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Just got the willie g (finally turned up a couple weeks ago from the group buy) and I really like it. Firm but comfy, puts you "in" the bike more, and looks great too.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts