Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take over payments, 2 miles on it. Only change from stock is a crash bar that can be taken off and 1 extra set of chrome foot pegs.

I have no choice - $297/month for 72 months. Financed for $15,000 even. I absolutely have to sell it. Since I bought it I have lost my job, have some serious medical issues, had a huge problem today and have to see a doc ASAP. Husband permanently lost use of left arm and is making less $.

If I don't get out from under I will end up trashing our hard earned credit and maybe lose the bike anyway. I am unable to ride it now. I can get another one in a couple of years.

I don't know how to do this, so I am willing to be very flexible......maybe keep $1,000 of the debt to still pay. Not sure how to do it. You would have to pick it up in ND. I have no way to get it to a buyer.

Any advice gladly received.

PattiO

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I'm really sad top hear this. I know how happy you were when you picked it up. I hope you can get everything straightened out.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
:(

So sorry for you Patti..........I could tell how happy you were when you finally got it. I hope there is someone on here who can help you out.
You can always get another in the future. Keep the dream alive.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Sorry to read this Patti. Hope things work out.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
PattiO said:
Take over payments, 2 miles on it. Only change from stock is a crash bar that can be taken off and 1 extra set of chrome foot pegs.

I have no choice - $297/month for 72 months. Financed for $15,000 even. I absolutely have to sell it. Since I bought it I have lost my job, have some serious medical issues, had a huge problem today and have to see a doc ASAP. Husband permanently lost use of left arm and is making less $.

If I don't get out from under I will end up trashing our hard earned credit and maybe lose the bike anyway. I am unable to ride it now. I can get another one in a couple of years.

I don't know how to do this, so I am willing to be very flexible......maybe keep $1,000 of the debt to still pay. Not sure how to do it. You would have to pick it up in ND. I have no way to get it to a buyer.

Any advice gladly received.

PattiO
How much is your asking price?

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
sorry you're having such troubles, pattio. Hope you can get a good price and try again when things are better.

bender says hi

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Wow, Pattio -I am so sorry to hear about this, I hope your health is going to be ok? It sounds horrible what you are going through....hopefully someone will take over the bike to help you out.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Patti,
Hang on! Sturgis is around the corner! Take it there, and sell it for more than you paid for it. I bet lots of folks are going, and could take it there for you. A whole lot of folks go, and many get caught up in bike fever. I have seen cash sales at Daytona at twice the price. Another option is to put it on the floor at a dealer near there. Sorry to hear of your trouble, and hope you get well soon. There will be more bikes down the road. Good luck! Joe

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Patti,
Hang on! Sturgis is around the corner! Take it there, and sell it for more than you paid for it. I bet lots of folks are going, and could take it there for you.
That sounds like a damn fine idea!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
First call the lien holder and get a 10 day payoff. No one takes over payments, and a payoff amount will be needed. Most 2006 V-rods sell between $12K - $14K. I suggest cycletrader.com and ebay.com . This forum isn't a great place to sell as most of us have V-rods already.

Second research the cycletrader within 200 miles of your home. See if there are any V-rods listed and for how much. This will give you a quick idea of what you owe vs. what you can get (locally). If you find you are in the negative (owe more than you can get), you can use those nice little credit card checks or promotions that give you 0% for a year to bridge the difference. The rate will be far better and the payments will be far less than the $297/month you have now.

I hope this helps,

Vrodder

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I'm sorry to hear it Pattio but it does happen to the best people.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Does it have anything to do with carpotunnel?:hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this, I hope your health improves quickly and you are riding again soon. Your VROD should be in demand since the dealers are out of stock on new ones.

All the best,

Panman

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Being a fellow native Norte Dakotan, I wish I could help you out. I have a few buddies that still live overthere, one in Grand Forks and one in Dickinson. I will see if they are interested. About all I can do for you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I Got A Reprieve.......husband's Boss Wants To Talk About "something Better For Him At Work" Now That They Realize His Injury Is Permanent (and Caused At Work).

I Have So Little $$ In My Bike And It Just Hurts So Much To Sell It, I've Changed My Mind. We'll Just Deal With It. I owe over $15,000. I have only made payments since February with no down at all.

No, Carpal Tunnel. I've Already Had A Double Carpal Tunnel Release And Tendonitis In Both Elbows, Fibromyalgia And Arthritis All Over My Arms, Neck And Back. I Have Several Things Wrong With Me, But as You Can See From Other Posts By Members There Always Seems To Be A Way Around Our Physical Problems, Many Of Them Much, Much Worse Than Mine. My husband is probably going to have an implant in his neck where it kills the pain signals to your brain......hmmmmmmmmm - nope, they probably won't do it for me. Rats!!!

I Am Going To Take Ozzy Out And Try To Teach Myself Without The Pressure Of Being The Oldest And Lamest One In The Class. I Know I Can Do It. I Will Be Careful, But I Have Been So Depressed Just Thinking About Someone Else Riding Off With "him". We Go Back To The Pain Clinic 08/17 And Several People Have Been Kind Enough To Tell Me About Some Exercise And Nutrition. I Am Not Going To Give Up Yet.

If That Fails I Will Get An Old Clunker Bike And Practice On It And Then Ride Ozzy. I Let Myself Get Psyched Out. I Am Going To Be Tested With A Stress Test (heart) And Also Oxygen, Etc. If There's Nothing Wrong, Then I Know I Just Have To Lose Weight And Build Myself Up.

As My Grandmother Used To Say, "don't Say Die Until Dead, And Then Let Someone Else Say It For You".

Please Forgive My Panic. I Have Also Made Some Arrangements Re Our Bills And There Are Not Many. We Will Also Be Having The Mother Of All Garage Sales To "catch Up".

I Am Embarassed To Freak Out So Quickly. Jeez, what a wimp!

Maybe Next Summer All Us North Dakota Folk Can Get Together. Sometimes It Feels Like We Are Orphans Up Here......

Oh, and I capitalized this whole post, and it turns out with every other word capitalized.

Pattio

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
PattiO said:
Oh, and I capitalized this whole post, and it turns out with every other word capitalized.

Pattio
...must be the anti-shouting software... :D

Glad you got this worked out and good luck to your hubby!

HH

1 - 20 of 30 Posts