Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I love the look of the Black Ceramic Powder Coated Stainless Steel 2in1 exhaust V&H is offering

http://www.vanceandhines.com/products/vrodmusc-09-compseries/compseries.html

That looks bad ass, and even though I liked the dual exhaust at first, I think the 2 in 1 would give a leaner meaner profile.

My one apprehension is the decibel level. I've heard a V Rod with a two in one from a distance and it was hands down the loudest bike I have ever heard. I turned to my buddy and said, "man, that is stupid loud". Don't know if that was V&H.

I'd love to hear it in person, anyone near Columbus Ohio with this set up?

How loud is it? Louder than the slip ons, I assume...

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
I'm shopping for the same pipes. I looked 'em up on YouTube and found some "stupid loud" examples. I'm gettin' 'em. lmao

·
Registered
4 Posts
V&H 2 into 1

Hi -I just got the V&H competition twin slip ons fitted with power commander and Hi flo filter - that sounds "stupid loud" to me -(but still grin inducing every time)-I was kind of surprised just how loud they are - now shopping for earplugs! Can't imagine what louder sounds like.

So, I love the look of the Black Ceramic Powder Coated Stainless Steel 2in1 exhaust V&H is offering

http://www.vanceandhines.com/products/vrodmusc-09-compseries/compseries.html

That looks bad ass, and even though I liked the dual exhaust at first, I think the 2 in 1 would give a leaner meaner profile.

My one apprehension is the decibel level. I've heard a V Rod with a two in one from a distance and it was hands down the loudest bike I have ever heard. I turned to my buddy and said, "man, that is stupid loud". Don't know if that was V&H.

I'd love to hear it in person, anyone near Columbus Ohio with this set up?

How loud is it? Louder than the slip ons, I assume...

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi -I just got the V&H competition twin slip ons fitted with power commander and Hi flo filter - that sounds "stupid loud" to me -(but still grin inducing every time)-I was kind of surprised just how loud they are - now shopping for earplugs! Can't imagine what louder sounds like.
I had those slips on and didn't think they were all that loud.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all new to the forum. Have my F for a little over a month. Switched to the V&H after 100 miles. Sound for me is not an issue, but it is loud :). What is a big issue is the heat generated. Keep in mind these are basically straight up headers. The only shoroud is up at the top on the rear pipe. I ended up wrapping mine in black wrap and painting with 1500 degree black silicone from DEI. Ill try and post a pic.

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Very nice. Am I correct in assuming that by painting it with the silicone, you are eliminating that "fuzzy" look and feel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, but not only that it keeps out water and dirt, secures the wrap better, and provides a better finish that matches the denim paint better...

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Jetz, thanks for posting the info and pic. How's the performance? Noticeably better?

What tuner and air cleaner are you using?

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice looking pipe but its a pity you can go around corners without scraping them.
thats a deal breaker for me.

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Yes, but not only that it keeps out water and dirt, secures the wrap better, and provides a better finish that matches the denim paint better...
What brand did you use?

·
Registered
962 Posts
08 DX KN air filter / VH Feulpak /VH comp

runs perfect , midrange is way better than the Remus slip ons i have so defo better on performance.

Yes it does Scrape , although fitment can be adjusted slightly

if your worried about how loud now ? dont get it , its "LOUD" but thats why i got it !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, for those of you that have the VH 2-1, how bad of a scrape are we talking here? A buddy of mine has an 07 DX with that exhaust and arnotts and says he only scrapes with the suspension totally bottomed out. I'm suprised these pipes would scrape on a muscle at stock height. On VH's website the pipes appear to sit above the frame.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought the 2 into 1 comp exhaust for my 09 dx sounds great design is awesome meaning looks great on the bike but as far as I'm concerned I put a 800 dollar piece of junk on my baby springs slap loud I mean loud an pipes turned brown so looks like shit on my bike

·
Registered
19 Posts
So here is my take. Cannot comment on performance yet as I only have 1300 miles on the bike and put them on at 100 miles. Lots of decel pop right now, but no big deal to me. I am still up in the air about which way to go, but I am leaning towards PC-V and a Dyno tune. I live in Orlando so I have lots of options with speed shops, so not jumping to any solutions yet. As far as scraping the pipes I see no difference from the clearance height of the stock pipe. I have scraped my peg and not the exhaust. But again only 1300 miles. The HUGE draw back for me is heat. The wrap has helped greatly. Knowing what I know now I would advise NOT to buy the silver pipes they simply get to hot. Even the black ones show sign of bluing, another reason I wrapped them. I guess its all about what you like. I couldnt get the stock pipes off quick enough. Just not my thing.

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Thanks, Jetz.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I shipped my V&H and had it ceramic powder coated inside and out by JetHot. The pipes run a lot cooler and have not burnt any pant legs in a while. Yes my pipe does scrape on the underside. I will post some pics of the scratches.

·
Registered
962 Posts
have my shocks set to higest setting and the exhaust scrapes, mind you my right hand rear frame has scraped , when banked over and went over bump ! but this is more the shocks than the exhaust.

you loads of decel pop , but again i like it , doubt wyou could get rid of it all together ?

i had mine for sound and looks , there is not another exhaust out there i like the look of !

i like the look of wrap but after two years of reading posts on this site over wrap and how it rots your exhaust would never use it !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts