Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called in to Fraser's Harley at Wollongong today and whilst enquiring about Avon Cobras camea across some Pirelli Night Dragons which are a new tyre. I loved the fact they come in a 55 profile and loved the tread pattern. They are supposed to be a very sticky tyre. Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them and if so, would you recommend them. By the way, they came with a $326-00 price tag which is pretty much on par with the Avons.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Called in to Fraser's Harley at Wollongong today and whilst enquiring about Avon Cobras camea across some Pirelli Night Dragons which are a new tyre. I loved the fact they come in a 55 profile and loved the tread pattern. They are supposed to be a very sticky tyre. Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with them and if so, would you recommend them. By the way, they came with a $326-00 price tag which is pretty much on par with the Avons.
I love Pirelli's. Running the Cobras at the moment but have run Pirelli's for many years. You will not be disappointed.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I wouldn't call them sticky my buddy has a night dragon and is not happy with the traction He is looking to change to either a Metz or Avon.

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I am running the night dragons. So far happy with them. I have done about 1000klms on the front and about 2000klms on the rear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We use them on our softails, better than the factory dunlops, haven't tried them on my rod yet, is that $326 per tire? if so thats up there in price.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
6000k and still going strong, better traction than the metz,
i paid 360 for the set.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Been running them for about 2400km and they are definitely a step up from Metz. As great as the Metz were while on my bike (9k), the Pirellis are a good 25% better handling and grip. Can't attest to longevity yet though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We use them on our softails, better than the factory dunlops, haven't tried them on my rod yet, is that $326 per tire? if so thats up there in price.
Yes, LF $326 PER tyre and yes, it certainly is up there in price.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I got pirelli's on my Sprint, very good.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have had a set of Nite Dragons on my DX for the past 4000K miles. I LOVE them! Seem real sticky to me. Just got back from Deals Gap in the Smoky Mountains and they handled wonderful. I know most guys are crazy about the Metz and Avons but I don't think I would trade my Dragons for either. Rode back in some hard rain also and they felt great. Here in the states you can get the Pirelli's cheaper than both the Metz and the Avons. :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We pay $450 fitted (pair) on the gold coast for them, thats for a 240 rear bike.
$450 for two, fitted? Where do you go to get them for that price?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I Paid $250 for the 240 rear
and $225 for the front.

Don't buy rubber from a stealer.
Where did you get them from for that price and are you sure they are original?

·
Registered
40 Posts
We fit 20-30 sets a month to our bikes at work, I know they are genuine, we just buy them in bulk, and get a good rate.

PM me if you want a pair, I can ship some down but you would have to have them fitted, so would probably end up similar to your local supplier.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
I have had a set of Nite Dragons on my DX for the past 4000K miles. I LOVE them! Seem real sticky to me. Just got back from Deals Gap in the Smoky Mountains and they handled wonderful. I know most guys are crazy about the Metz and Avons but I don't think I would trade my Dragons for either. Rode back in some hard rain also and they felt great. Here in the states you can get the Pirelli's cheaper than both the Metz and the Avons. :D
Just a heads up. The symbol "K" for a number represents 1024 in computer lingo. So your 4000K really is 4,096,000 miles. In general usage however "K" refers to 1000.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We fit 20-30 sets a month to our bikes at work, I know they are genuine, we just buy them in bulk, and get a good rate.

PM me if you want a pair, I can ship some down but you would have to have them fitted, so would probably end up similar to your local supplier.

Thanks
Thanks LF for your generous offer. I will certainly look you up as the time approaches. Thanks again. Jeff

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a heads up. The symbol "K" for a number represents 1024 in computer lingo. So your 4000K really is 4,096,000 miles. In general usage however "K" refers to 1000.
Fark RustyG, you're being a little pedantic aren't you mate? I knew exactly what he meant, and in fact, did not even notice the 'k' until you brought it up. But you are quite right. Those tyres seemed to have done 4,000,000 miles. Hell, I'm definitely getting me a set.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
do they make a 250 rear?

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Fark RustyG, you're being a little pedantic aren't you mate? I knew exactly what he meant, and in fact, did not even notice the 'k' until you brought it up. But you are quite right. Those tyres seemed to have done 4,000,000 miles. Hell, I'm definitely getting me a set.
Had to look that one up.

I was just trying to be helpful. Not everyone knows this very important fact of life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts