Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frankly speaking. As far as 2 into 2 sets go. The screaming eagle is the only set I find pleasing to the eye. I've thought about the V&H 2 into 1. It's sharp-looking. I still prefer the 2 tip look. Finding screaming eagles that don't look like a pack of polar bears didn't beat on them is becoming a wild goose chase. I'm pondering on having a shop cut the stock ones down. And maybe finding a slash cut tip that can be welded on. TIA.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Tab slash cut is the way to go - nice chrome or black, sounds real good ( a bit loud for me though ) and not expensive. The newer one model is repackable, saves like 10 lbs, they flow great, power increase, super easy install. Had them on my R so I ended up screwing two SuperTrapp conical outlets on the outlets to snub db's down a bit, great overall on the stock 2-1-2 pipe. The V&H 2-1 Competition pipe is very hot on the leg, very loud but makes great power, but it's a race pipe. The older original V&H # 17535 2-1 is better for a street bike but has a more restrictive, large muffler. (y):cool:

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
198 Posts
Frankly speaking. As far as 2 into 2 sets go. The screaming eagle is the only set I find pleasing to the eye. I've thought about the V&H 2 into 1. It's sharp-looking. I still prefer the 2 tip look. Finding screaming eagles that don't look like a pack of polar bears didn't beat on them is becoming a wild goose chase. I'm pondering on having a shop cut the stock ones down. And maybe finding a slash cut tip that can be welded on. TIA.
I put these on my VRSCD:

Drag Specialties Python Mamba Mufflers for 91 to 2010 FXD Dyna PN 1801-0362 (slip on) ($60.00 at Long Beach Motorcycle swap meet)
PN P542HC 3IN Muffler HS TYPE 3
PN P543RC 3IN STR CUT CASING TYPE 4
PN A276HW 1.51IN - 2.75IN SS Hose Clamp
PN P256IN 473 INS REV 1.0

I cut the 1 1/2 ends off and it turns them into just over 2 inch (about 2 inches off the length) sliced the ends, made a bracket to hang them, worked perfect.
Much much better sound and they can be LOUD if you rev it up.

New pipes:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Stock Pipes:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

If you're interested I can look up the guy a bought them from?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend has the tabs on his NRS. They're loud AF.
Tab slash cut is the way to go - nice chrome or black, sounds real good ( a bit loud for me though ) and not expensive. The newer one model is repackable, saves like 10 lbs, they flow great, power increase, super easy install. Had them on my R so I ended up screwing two SuperTrapp conical outlets on the outlets to snub db's down a bit, great overall on the stock 2-1-2 pipe. The V&H 2-1 Competition pipe is very hot on the leg, very loud but makes great power, but it's a race pipe. The older original V&H # 17535 2-1 is better for a street bike but has a more restrictive, large muffler. (y):cool:
What outlets did you buy? I was looking into the TABs until I heard my friend's NRS on the highway. Which is where I do 90% of my riding. They used to offer a baffle that made them close to stock.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Go on SuperTrapp's website get into accessories, page 6 The 3" 3 bolt open end cap brushed SS, conical. Worked real good to keep some excessive noise inside the mufflers, one on each. Raises the pitch a bit and will blow your pants around 10' behind the outlets. I finally figured out a longer muffler is the real answer. Any time you restrict the outlet with a db reducer it leaves Hp & possibly Tq on the table. My 2-1 muffler starts at the rt foot peg and stops at the rear axle with a 4" diameter and a 3.3" exhaust outlet to lower the exhaust db & frequency. Short of that something like the mufflers beast-usa installed on the stock pipe will absorb noise & still provide really good flow - (y):cool:

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
198 Posts
Looks great beast-usa ! The length is perfect and a bit longer than the TABS so probably a bit quieter - are those the same diameter as the stock mufflers or a little smaller in diameter ?
The original inlet is smaller but the pipe is the same size. So if you cut off the small inlet about 2 - 3 inches off, the pipe is the same size as the stock pipe.
The overall size is a little smaller then the stock pipe maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I would measure both but my bike as always is in the shop. LOL :(
They are fixing the oil leak I got at the stater wire after the cam tune-up. :(
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
9 Posts
As an FYI, I was looking for the clamps that make this look seamless, but never found them (as they are discontinued).
After years of searching, I wanted to let you know that I finally struck gold! I cannot say where I got them, but I finally got them! I will send pics of my baffled Tab slip-on's with these when I receive them next week. Stay tuned . . .

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
9 Posts
After years of searching, I wanted to let you know that I finally struck gold! I cannot say where I got them, but I finally got them! I will send pics of my baffled Tab slip-on's with these when I receive them next week. Stay tuned . . .

View attachment 609639
Also, if someone is looking for a unique original HD part and cannot find it, let me know. I have a source that may be able to get it. Please just provide me the original HD part number.

Happy New Year to all!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What tuner would you put on an 06 with TABs? My
Go on SuperTrapp's website get into accessories, page 6 The 3" 3 bolt open end cap brushed SS, conical. Worked real good to keep some excessive noise inside the mufflers, one on each. Raises the pitch a bit and will blow your pants around 10' behind the outlets. I finally figured out a longer muffler is the real answer. Any time you restrict the outlet with a db reducer it leaves Hp & possibly Tq on the table. My 2-1 muffler starts at the rt foot peg and stops at the rear axle with a 4" diameter and a 3.3" exhaust outlet to lower the exhaust db & frequency. Short of that something like the mufflers beast-usa installed on the stock pipe will absorb noise & still provide really good flow - (y):cool:
My wife bought me TAB slip ons fir my birthday. Have you heard about the tuner company that takes your build info and maps their tuner when you order it? I swear about it here. But that thread is buried or gone. I searched high and low. I've also heard about adding O2 sensors and
Xieds. If that's really a thing I'd do it. I just want it to run good and sound decent.

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
1,196 Posts
The search bar can be difficult because it often brings up a LOT of extraneous information to sort through. Try using the + sign in front of the keywords...for instance:

+TAB +Sensors + Tuner + Xieds

BTW...I donn't know what a Xieds is, forgive me...

·
Registered
864 Posts
You’re looking for Fuel Moto.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You’re looking for Fuel Moto.
Thank you. I ordered a PCV from them. Great customer service. I will do business with them again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts