Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is complete smoked replica led ones on ebay with integrated indicators that aren't too expensive not sure how good they look in real life tho

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can also try Smoke Plastidip, just Google and you will see plenty vids plus you can decide how dark it should be depending on the amount of coats applied, and can be easily peeled off... I did my indicators (y)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have been trying to have custom LED start making us one for the 12+ NRS. If we could generate enough interest they may make one for us. I had one on my 07 R1 and it had integrated turn signals, smoked and had the flashing warning whenever you applied the brake. It was by far the best taillight on the market at the time. This was the response I got from Jon at CustomLED:
"Thank you for your interest in our products! Although we would like to make a tail light for each motorcycle, it’s just not feasible for us to do so if it involves making the injection molds. The molds are up in the $25k range, so we must carefully choose models that will show the strongest sales. I’m not too familiar with the OEM HD tail lights so I’m not sure if the molds (new plastics) would be necessary, or if we can make a retrofit kit that could simply fit inside of the OEM internals. Do you have any insights on this? Pictures of the OEM tail light with lens on and off would help…"

This is the one I had:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts