Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there were any racing fairings being made to give a more enclosed/naked look for racing?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
NightStar said:
I was wondering if there were any racing fairings being made to give a more enclosed/naked look for racing?
You mean like sportbike looking fairing? Um, no, not specifically for the D. But if you look in Super Kaz's gallery, he's got a fairing set up on his LSR bike. It's kinda 'Busa looking. Or, if you're lucky, you might be able to score a set of old VR racing fairings from somewhere, but like I said, you'll need luck for that one. What look are you trying to go for?

If there's one thing I've learned from this forum, it's that even though there's not a "whatever" specifically made for your model, you can always make something else work somehow, just put your mind and resourses to it and network to find folks that can help you out!

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
Check out some of the pictures in my Gallery using the Rifle Roadster faring or in my 'R thread using a racing version of the Buell Firebolt fairing.

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking that if I could get some side racing fairings and, it would be an interesting way to stylize the bike.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
I haven't seen a racing anything specificaly for the D. Then agin, I'm not sure what the D is. Sport cruiser? Cruise sporter? I just know it's comfortable and capable on the Interstate and in the twisties, flying solo or doubled up. It kind of defies definition. I know mine has been admired by cruisers and sport bikers alike. Mine is basicaly bone stock. I guess if I had dual controls it would really blow some minds.

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see that that there was mention of using the Buell XB front fairing on the D in some of the old threads. Wonder how it would attach?

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That does look pretty sweet.

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder what type of attachments are required, custom or kit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts