Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
josephthreedogs said:
Not yet but I will be taking my brake parts plus passenger footpeg mounts to the chrome shop shortly.
Cool, I think I will send my brake and shift lever off to be chromed too. I am slowly losing that dingy aluminum look. Next have to be the triple trees. I would love to see how it turns out for you.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Jackflash said:
Will it make my bike stop better? :paper:
No. But it will look better doing it.

I agree that polished aluminum look on the pedal is awful. It bothered me from the get go.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
louballs said:
How much would chroming the pedal cost? HD has one for like $60 i think on their site, probably cheaper on flea bay.
I think she means VRSCD - don't see a chrome HD for that

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Jackflash said:
Will it make my bike stop better? :paper:
Of course it will, didnt you know that??? I thought everyone knew that. You must be the only one. Its ok, now you know.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I was amazed at the results from using Simichrome and an hour of rubbing. It sure ain't chrome, but it's mirror-like. $4 a tube. I know, it's just :blahblah: without pictures, but you'd need to see it in person. Swingarm, too.
(From the cheap fix department)

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
ViagROD said:
I was amazed at the results from using Simichrome and an hour of rubbing. It sure ain't chrome, but it's mirror-like. $4 a tube. I know, it's just :blahblah: without pictures, but you'd need to see it in person. Swingarm, too.
(From the cheap fix department)
I've heard great things about that stuff too.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
NightMare said:
I've heard great things about that stuff too.
I used that stuff all the time when I was in military school in high school. It will shine ANYTHING. Some things take a little more time but it does work well.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Snooping around Google I was suprised to learn how much people into antique metals rely upon Simichrome. That must imply something about the gentle nature of the polish...which is good for our motorcycle parts I would think, and explains why it might take some time to work on certain parts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yagh but.. price?

Yagh, but how much did chroming this stuff cost?

A break down of each component, pegs, controls, swing arm, triple tree, etc. would be excellent.

Thanks,

morf

·
Registered
246 Posts
chrome

Polished aluminum looks aweful? Chrome looks wonderful? I beg to differ. A touch of chrome on a bike looks great. A bike loaded with chrome looks hideous. Hey, its ur bike and ur wallet. But I always thought vrods are performance harleys, not show queens. Perhaps I'm wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts