Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neo541 said:
Love it...Never smoked my tire, too skeered. :)

these things smoke the tire so easy!....first day i had mine i leaned forward abit,and at about 5mph roll i revved her to about 6-8 thousand Rpms and let her go....leaning forward kept front down easily and the rear tire smoked as long as I wanted her too....the airheads all looked and liked it....dont think those guys got enough GO to do that.

Dan

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
ROCKERDAN said:
these things smoke the tire so easy!....first day i had mine i leaned forward abit,and at about 5mph roll i revved her to about 6-8 thousand Rpms and let her go....leaning forward kept front down easily and the rear tire smoked as long as I wanted her too....the airheads all looked and liked it....dont think those guys got enough GO to do that.

Dan
I just envision me doing that and my bike flipping and flopping down the street with me on my ass wondering what the hell happened. :)

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neo541 said:
I just envision me doing that and my bike flipping and flopping down the street with me on my ass wondering what the hell happened. :)

if you try it,the key for first few times it to be rolling along at least 5mph or so...this keeps the entire bunrout more like RIDING forward...the rear might wonder over behind you abit like a fishtail in rear wheel drive car would....but steer into it and it looks soo good...hehe!

the trickier ones are the brake stand type...holding front brake on,standup so weight is off bike...then get her spinning while brake on...once shes spinning its easy....sometime abit of water helps alot!..lol

trying that on my old sporty,near impossible...amazing what HP can do,even with a huge fat ass tire!

Dan

·
FireBum
485 Posts
Roll through a small town main street at about 20 mph in first gear. When you get in front of the bike shop or tattoo shop or anywhere, just let off for a second to transfer the weight and then cram the throttle WFO and its smoke city. No cheating by popping the clutch. Pure torque and brute strength. Its a crowd pleaser and its something most bikes wont do. Thank god these things are heavy in the front.

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
ROCKERDAN said:
if you try it,the key for first few times it to be rolling along at least 5mph or so...this keeps the entire bunrout more like RIDING forward...the rear might wonder over behind you abit like a fishtail in rear wheel drive car would....but steer into it and it looks soo good...hehe!

the trickier ones are the brake stand type...holding front brake on,standup so weight is off bike...then get her spinning while brake on...once shes spinning its easy....sometime abit of water helps alot!..lol

trying that on my old sporty,near impossible...amazing what HP can do,even with a huge fat ass tire!

Dan
I should at least try the 5MPH one, at least to say I've done it. I'm sending you the bill if I screw up! :stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShoNoff said:
Roll through a small town main street at about 20 mph in first gear. When you get in front of the bike shop or tattoo shop or anywhere, just let off for a second to transfer the weight and then cram the throttle WFO and its smoke city. No cheating by popping the clutch. Pure torque and brute strength. Its a crowd pleaser and its something most bikes wont do. Thank god these things are heavy in the front.

Ill have to try that!...she will break lose without clutch pop eh?....even with a 260?.....pretty damn impressive!

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neo541 said:
I should at least try the 5MPH one, at least to say I've done it. I'm sending you the bill if I screw up! :stilpoke:

I better have you sign a DISCLAIMER!:deal: :deal:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Once I learned how, I could even catch a second. The day that I took the bike to replace the 240 with the new and improved 260 XXL I tried my best to get all I could out of the old 240’s my neighbor filmed some of it. He filmed it from his truck as he followed me to the shop so the video is a little rough but I hope you enjoy…jr

it gets good at about 1:20 minutes

Oh the building in the back gound is my work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsdX2NzSF8w

·
Banned
579 Posts
Smoked mine once in the work parking lot....it was great, my boss came out and asked if I would do it again hahaha

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That is a great video, but Harley sent me an email about it first

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It doesnt take much.

Just last weekend, I was in the left hand turn lane on Scottsdale Rd. and two air heads pulled up next to me, revving their motors like I was supposed to be impressed or something.

I got the arrow, their light stayed red, I got about 2/3 the way through my turn and rolled on the throttle. I broke the 260 loose or the first time, got sideways for just a second, but rolled back off, like I knew what I was doing. Then I just hammered it so they would hear me all the way down the street.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
They sure make those DX's look HOT- I do love the two tone 08 anniv. colors too...............last time I smoked my tire was when I went into that long skid............had a flat spot after that! It was fun, but tires are too costly!

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jcr333 said:
Once I learned how, I could even catch a second. The day that I took the bike to replace the 240 with the new and improved 260 XXL I tried my best to get all I could out of the old 240’s my neighbor filmed some of it. He filmed it from his truck as he followed me to the shop so the video is a little rough but I hope you enjoy…jr

it gets good at about 1:20 minutes

Oh the building in the back gound is my work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsdX2NzSF8w

lol...You guys with that southern accent,got me cracking up here!.....

way to smoke that tire bud!:notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
violet said:
They sure make those DX's look HOT- I do love the two tone 08 anniv. colors too...............last time I smoked my tire was when I went into that long skid............had a flat spot after that! It was fun, but tires are too costly!
All of us switching to 260s want to get our fare share of the 240 before removal i spose!..lol

Dan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts