Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After months of searching, I finally snapped up a 2014 VRSCDX Night Rod Special. I'm absolutely in love with this bike, but there's a few cosmetic changes I want to make:

1. Front Cowl (Headlight)
2. Integrated Front Turn Signals (mirrors)
3 Rear seat and fender swapped (I like the look of the v rod muscle, cleaned up, integrated lights) - with double seater

I'm curious to know if you guys have recommendations on reputable online shops with bolt on kits which don't require fabrications, etc. Also must ship Internationally (Canada).

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I see grcustoms in the list. my and others two cents worth says stay away from them. just selling other companies products and very bad service

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
I see grcustoms in the list. my and others two cents worth says stay away from them. just selling other companies products and very bad service
I won't disagree with that..... BUT, they have a lot of parts that are almost impossible to get anywhere else, so it's sort of a "deal with the devil" sort of thing.

FWIW, I've ordered a few pieces/parts over the years and never had a problem, but I realize others haven't been so lucky.

R.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey I am the owner of Altered State. If I can help you with anything (even if it is not mine) let me know. Couple of things:

Most people do the night rod (not special) cowl and headlight. This will not straight bolt up to your bike (yours has inverted forks and the night rod has regular). I make an adapter for $65 to do this. If you get the NR cowl, a regular daymaker will drop in, BUT I warn you to stay away from the cheap daymakers. They are really bright but the dispersion pattern is awful (not all but most of the ones I have seen). I had a cheap mictuning and it put a little rectangle in front of me and almost nothing to the sides. I use Eagle Lights now and love them. They make a halo one and it is awesome for not much money.

Mirrors: The best ones are the factory muscle ones but hard to find and a good amount of money. There are some knockoffs and other brands/designs but I don't have much experience with them. I would look into flipping your mirrors so they are below the bars. The stock mirrors on the top show a very good view of your elbows :) You may need a load balancer when you switch to leds. if you do the back you are definitely going to need one. I recommend the biketronics 801v. You may want to look at fork wrap signals. Cheaper, really bright and very unobtrusive. I carry them but if you get them somewhere else, make sure you get the ones that have tight led spacing. I have seen cheap ones that have like 10 leds in them and they suck.

The Muscle fender should bolt right up. If you are going to go aftermarket I would highly recommend you spend the money and get a well made one. So many aftermarket body kit makers require a ton of hours to get them to fit and look correct that you might as well have spent the money to get a good part in the first place. There is an integrated taillight kit for the NRS but not the muscle that is really nice that puts the signals under the fender and removes the plate mount. I have sidemount plates as well. To be honest I spent a ton of money on a fender from the above mentioned company and it fit like hell, is a pita to get at the electronics and has no passenger seat. I am going back to stock.

I don't want to seem like I am just pushing my products. I would love to help you out regardless if you buy something from me or not.

https://www.alteredstatedesign.net/

Also my email is [email protected] if you want to talk offline.

Good luck!
-Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.