Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this OEM Harley Touring Black LCD Oil Temperature Dipstick HD item # 63030-09 fits the VRSCDX
On the HD descriptions it says it will fit any Touring Bike but it doesn’t detail any particular model.

Also, if so, can I have some feedbacks in terms of reliability and quality? I have read different posts with complaints about these things going dead or malfunctioning, so before dropping $150 I would like to know:
1.- If it fits on V-Rods and, 2.-If it will work at all once installed.
Thanks for your time.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
When Harley says the words "touring models" they are talking about large air cooled push-rod v-twins. Even if the dip stick screws into the hole (has the correct threads) it won't be calibrated correctly for oil level. I'd go find one for your model.

I have a chrome version in my '02 and it still works just fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it where so simple (I wouldn't be wasting my time like this) but the thing is HD only offers two versions for my VRSDX; One Digital (pretty ugly by the way) and one Analog, but both options are chromed and won't match the style I am looking for.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Save your money, they're garbage that don't last. My digital one only lasted a year. I went back to the stock one.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Oil temp should not be much of a worry on the vrod due to the controlled cooling system! Liquid cooled and under control! An air cooled engine is subject to the weather all the time!
Best pick something else....

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Both the LCD and the analog gauges do not work for very long.There is a chrome one for the Revo that has v-Rod on it that looks good.I have one of these.
You could buy the chrome one for the Revo,take it apart and have it redone in black.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redoing stuff to black is a no go. It takes too much time, money and there is no guarantee is going to end up looking good. I even have a sandblasting machine on my garage and I can strip the chrome if I want to but I know it will not end up looking good. I try this with the levers and later on with the foot controls and I ended up buying the OEM stuff after all.
My concern is people like "losNRS" who say they are a piece of crap. Can you tell me which one you had? Was it the Part #62982-03?
As of for the usefulness, I am aware it is really not necessary to have an oil temperature readout, it is more for the fun of adding it to the bike’s overall theme and for the obvious looks than anything else. That bulky piece of plastic is pretty darn ugly and it needs to go but it needs to be replaced by a black one. Not to mention it is kind of hard to read out the stock dipstick anyhow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts