Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told today by some experts on HD motorcycles. Experts because they own one I guess. Anyway these guys were talking about how the V-ROD had Discraced the name HD and made ALL the REAL HD owners look bad. They went on to say that You could not buy V-ROD stuff at dealerships because the Dealerships did not want the V-Rods around. Then they went on to say that HD was going to discontinue the V-Rod because of lack of sales and that the DEALERS did not even want them in their store.
THIS IS THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT THERE.THE TRUE HD RIDER?
More like the TRUE A$$ [email protected]#@ HD rider. Will never understand these types of HD riders and their sorry attitudes.
To me guys with these attitudes are what I see is making people think A$$ HO^^ when they see the word Harley Davidson. People who ride HDs are fast becoming known as just plain JERKS not real Motorcycle riders. I PAY ATTENTION AND THIS IS WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO SAY.
Harley Davidson are you going to DISCONTINUE OUR BELOVED V-ROD? AND DO YOU AGREE WITH THE SO CALLED REAL HARLEY DAVIDSON RIDERS AND YOUR DEALERS?

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
I don'tthink that attitude is everywhere. Probably very prevalent though.
If that happens, there will be a lot of new Ducatti, Victory, KTM, etc... owners.

·
Banned
579 Posts
What ever happened to Live to RIDE and RIDE to live, last time I check we are still on Harleys, and getting more looks, for all I care, keep talking you'll make us famous.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
dschminkey said:
What ever happened to Live to RIDE and RIDE to live, last time I check we are still on Harleys, and getting more looks, for all I care, keep talking you'll make us famous.
You misunderstood. Their attitude has always been "I'm a rebel, just like everyone else." Aircooled pushrod antiques.........but I'm a just a V-Rod Snob. What do I know.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts
From what I see, the V-rods get more looks than most other bikes. The other Harley's for the most part all look alike, when I bring my V-Rod around seems to get a lot of people looking and talking.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Who are these EXPERTS? What is their status with the MoCo and why would they discuss info w the general public when everything is top secret within?

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Registered
159 Posts
They got medicine for paranoia.
I have yet to meet one of these pecker heads. I ride the bastard child of the V rods Yes The R.. I was on my in to the office parked in front of a roadking. The guy acknowledged me and asked if my bike was was as fast as they say. I dont mince words I introduce my bike just as I did here I represent the most despised version of the vrod and I love its fast and fun and can have many personalities. Today it was a bagger! I meet atleast 20 people a day many ride Harleys to my face none have ever given me any grief most realize the evolution engine will some day soon replace their airhead.

Porche has always had the same problem with the die hard 911 crowd. I would by the Cayman and say f-ck 911 crowd to each his own.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
The Vrod has truly made a name for itself in the motorcycle world. It has earned street creed throughout the world. In Europe it is one of HD's best sellers. The bike is fast straight from the MOCO factory, and is super reliable!

Harley is spending some bigs bucks in Prostock bike with the Sreamin Eagle Vrods. Our bikes get great reviews by magazine and some of the things that originally started on a Vrod is getting on other HD models. For example the Brembo brake calipers!!!

I would only listen to wo Willie G, and that's it!!

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
people are often threatened or jealous of the good looking new kid on the block. Especially when he is SO different from any that came before. It scares 'em, makes 'em uncomfortable, so they come up with theories as to why he will not last and convince themselves that everyone must hate him.

Let the "experts" talk. Won't change a thing and it is doubtful anyone will really take them seriously.

·
Banned
579 Posts
IDK but maybe I am missing something or people here in the midwest are just different, I am a part of HOG as well as my local chapter, nobody as of yet as just came out and said they hate my bike....I do feel sorry for the feller that does come knockin down the wrong door...

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
Limied2000 said:
Then they went on to say that HD was going to discontinue the V-Rod because of lack of sales and that the DEALERS did not even want them in their store.
:dance: :dance: :dance: I hope they are right. That means I will soon have a collector's bike. There's nothing like having a rare vehicle in a homogenuos crowd.
Then we can have secret underground meetings and sacrifice small animals on an altar and chant ancient songs with black hoods on our heads.

V-ROD POWER!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Bull Sh*t---The V rod will live on in the Harley line up forever---Its were HD will go and need to go as time rolls on.........

·
jeepcj
92 Posts
I don't think that attitude is everywhere. I entered my rod in the local bike show today, had 20 + bikes, and mine was the only rod. All the others were airheads. I took viewers best of show. So a lot of other people like the rod's. As long as I'm happy that is all that counts! JEEPCJ :cheers:

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Its like everything else, there are atleast two opinions to each issue. I like my DX isnt that what really matters. To the rest be Damned

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Don't care, Already got my 2002. I dont have a Vest, Pins, Pony Tail or an Ole Lady (gotta a young Gurlfriend though) either. I like these Individuals that call themselves rebels and experts. These ****ing idiots adopted a Uniform from 60 years ago and blindly go forward with it thinking that Uniform makes the an individual. Once you adopt the "Uniform" you lose any individuality you may claim to have.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I figure that if they discontinue, the value of my bike will only go up. On the other hand, if they don't, I'll buy another Revolution based ride in a couple years when they're getting closer to my ideal config.

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
I think I've seen more v-rods at local events than ever before. Usually I knew everyone around who had one but not anymore. There are just too many of them around here. I like having something unique!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts