Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Interesting, but they should have liquid cooled all their motor's first. Oh, and dropped the weight/prices by 30% to try and stay competitive. I've been casually shopping the last year or so and it's getting really hard to consider a new HD.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well, at least they are (considering) developing something for the future. This certainly isn’t the first foray into forced induction for the MOCO... do a search for the buell Diablo project. At least in the auto industry, forced induction is now embraced as a fuel economy enhancement/emission reduction strategy rather than strictly for performance. But whatever the reason, the world is changing and they need to do something.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Knowing the Moco they will use a roots based blower with no intercooler. Their drawings are bizarre in the patent (which how in the world you can patent ancient technology like that is beyond me, I could literally change one pipe and they would have no leg to stand on...).

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Knowing the Moco they will use a roots based blower with no intercooler. Their drawings are bizarre in the patent (which how in the world you can patent ancient technology like that is beyond me, I could literally change one pipe and they would have no leg to stand on...).
Joke as far as I'm concerned. Looks to be a bolt on behind engine over the trans. All that and an air cooled platform to start with. Good luck.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
You just have to love H-D - drop the liquid cooled Revolution engine reportedly because it couldn't meet Euro emissions standards when similar bore & stroke engines from other manufactures have already proven that compliance was achievable - so they just decided not to do it. Then H-D takes an air cooled long stroke V Twin that already cooks its riders in traffic and mounts a blower to create more heat with probably no intercooler - so yea, great vision & plan - by the time the ECU pulls timing out of it to fight inevitable detonation it will probably have less power than the original engine. And more heat for the rider to enjoy. Check your calendar H-D It's 2021 - time for a new fully liquid cooled engine to do any of this potential intake boosting to - you've drug the old long stroke air cooled engine farther than it ever should have gone, and now you're just piling on more bad ideas on an outmoded engine. Just another full circle around the drain for H-D. Not many spins left before the sucking sound from the drain indicates it's all over - too bad because my Street Rod / Revo will still be kicking a$$, proving it could have been much different for the MoCo. With No proper Vision, there is no proper product, no proper sales, and no properly solvent company. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Good Luck H-D !!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
You just have to love H-D - drop the liquid cooled Revolution engine reportedly because it couldn't meet Euro emissions standards when similar bore & stroke engines from other manufactures have already proven that compliance was achievable - so they just decided not to do it. Then H-D takes an air cooled long stroke V Twin that already cooks its riders in traffic and mounts a blower to create more heat with probably no intercooler - so yea, great vision & plan - by the time the ECU pulls timing out of it to fight inevitable detonation it will probably have less power than the original engine. And more heat for the rider to enjoy. Check your calendar H-D It's 2021 - time for a new fully liquid cooled engine to do any of this potential intake boosting to - you've drug the old long stroke air cooled engine farther than it ever should have gone, and now you're just piling on more bad ideas on an outmoded engine. Just another full circle around the drain for H-D. Not many spins left before the sucking sound from the drain indicates it's all over - too bad because my Street Rod / Revo will still be kicking a$$, proving it could have been much different for the MoCo. With No proper Vision, there is no proper product, no proper sales, and no properly solvent company. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Good Luck H-D !!
Always cracked me up when they went to the rear cyl shutdown (skip fire) in traffic to help keep the rider from burning up or reduce heat bitching complaints. What a dumb method of doing things. Old school accepts that nonsense but not liquid cooling. Like WTF. All to keep a traditional concept, that has long since died out.
Ron

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Yea Ron first time I saw my buddy's bike do that I thought the engine was going to rock back and forth enough to tear itself right out of the mounts - I pointed at it not knowing that was designed in. Later when he told me it was normal I about shat my pants - what's better than a V Twin putting out 150K BTU's of heat under the riders seat ? A V1 with a partially dead rear cylinder ? Great Idea !! With this logic now let's source our next 1953 Chevy with a diesel forklift engine from Cuba ! Back to the future - we can supercharge it too ! Maybe H-D will supply a ballistic chest protector and jockstrap so when the rear cylinder breaks all the hold down studs

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Yea Ron first time I saw my buddy's bike do that I thought the engine was going to rock back and forth enough to tear itself right out of the mounts - I pointed at it not knowing that was designed in. Later when he told me it was normal I about shat my pants - what's better than a V Twin putting out 150K BTU's of heat under the riders seat ? A V1 with a partially dead rear cylinder ? Great Idea !! With this logic now let's source our next 1953 Chevy with a diesel forklift engine from Cuba ! Back to the future - we can supercharge it too ! Maybe H-D will supply a ballistic chest protector and jockstrap so when the rear cylinder breaks all the hold down studs
Funny you mention Cuba. I was in one of those old taxi heaps that were converted to a diesel marine engine. They cobble all kinds of things to keep them on the road.
Ron.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
cont' - and flies up off the block it wont turn the rider into a gelding or break his ribs - S/Eagle ADI water methanol system option available for another $ 1200 - comes with red S/C ADI badges so everyone knows what you got - saddlebags have a one gallon cutout for your ADI fluid jug so you top off the tank on a long road trip - what a bright future we have coming along (y) :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Yea, I knew you were there in Cuba Ron - I saw you getting into that old diesel '53 Chevy and took your high res photo as you looked up in the sky after hearing the double sonic booms from the SR71 I was flying in doing recon work - (y) :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts