Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up new Harley OEM "Edge Cut" grips, F&R pegs and shifter peg. Only issue is that the pegs are universal for front and rear, rear bracket has a little tab on inside which works fine with originals. New pegs are not notched to allow them to close all the way (probably less than halfway) and it looks GAY.

Had to mill them at pops machine shop. Basically to match originals shape..

Gonna call dealer and tell them to fork up 60 for machinists (my pops) time!

Again, I ask dealer are you sure they will fit? Of course..!! he says... idiot!

Anyway grips are alot more comfortable then I thought the would be.. for machined aluminum.

Did not snap of pegs after I milled them.. but they look like the original in pic 1, Pic 2 is as far as they will close before milling, pic 3 is after work but opened.

Attachments

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I used the dremel and took the tabs off those peg mounts after I swapped the left & right passenger peg mounts to increase leg room. Think it took me 10 minutes total with a dremel & cutoff wheel.
"Fitting" and working properly are two separate things, especially in HD world

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Thanks for the info. I made the switch to the grips all ready, but haven't done the pegs yet.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
since the passenger pegs have a habit of flopping down when on the move, I removed the stock pins and replaced them with SS socket head bolts & vinyl insert cap nuts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I used the dremel and took the tabs off those peg mounts after I swapped the left & right passenger peg mounts to increase leg room. Think it took me 10 minutes total with a dremel & cutoff wheel.
"Fitting" and working properly are two separate things, especially in HD world
Same thing I did....

·
Registered
329 Posts
since the passenger pegs have a habit of flopping down when on the move, I removed the stock pins and replaced them with SS socket head bolts & vinyl insert cap nuts
I will have to give that a try, looks like dog ears sitting out at 45 degrees! :banghead:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts