Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just picked up a Harley LED Tail light for my 03 VRSCA. The p/n is #69366-07. I got it REALLY cheap as it's a take-off and the guy said all I'd have to do is fix the plug and put a new gasket on it. Check out the photo below though... it looks like I'm missing some bracket or something... the one on the left is stock and the one on the right is the new one.

I know it's a compatible part for this bike but I'm guessing there is a missing part... any ideas what part it is? Any one able to get a part # if there is a missing part?

Sucks to get a good deal and find out it wasn't such a good deal! I'm hoping one of you has access to part diagrams or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang, guess I found the gasket... p/n #69385-05. Can't seem to find a way to buy it separately. I'll call the Harley place tomorrow... maybe they can help.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Shy all mounting points! 2 options - use clear silicone as an adhesive, or, fab up a bracket to hold it in. 3rd option - buy a new one! I would try to use springs and make something. Of course, by the time I am done I will have exactly twice what a new one will cost invested! Replace the plug first - if it works, them mount it. Buy 4 bucks worth of pins, and use the stock plastic connector. PM me - I have a couple of springs that will hold it in - I need an address. Joe

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Put a ring of double sided tap around the edge and glue it in. Or mask the fender and light and silicon in place. Clean up the excess then pull the masking tape. Let set over night somewhere warm. You could remove the fender to do this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh well, confirmed today from local harley dealer that the gasket isn't purchasable separately so first I'll try some 3M double-sided tape and see how it holds. If that doesn't seem secure enough, I'll go the silicone or bracket path or springs. I'll get with you Joe if I decide to go the spring route.

thanks!

Rocky

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
Rock, that kit comes with 3 gaskets. one for vrod, the others (i think) is for softail deuce. these other gaskets wont fit properly on vrod fender, but all you have to do is modify the fender mounting tab (use exacto knife, its a hard rubber/plastic) , as they already fit the LED taillight.

I have one i can send to you(p/n 69384-05). PM me if you want to try this route. or, you can find deuce owner with this taillight who has extra gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts