Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah..... they're lost their minds in Milwaukee.

On the plus side, it's going to make Sturgis a LOT more interesting, and healthier to boot!

If Harley-Davidson's LiveWire is too rich for your blood, the company might have an electric two-wheeler that's decidedly more accessible. Electrek has learned that Harley unveiled a trio of pedal-assist electric bicycle prototypes at its Annual Dealer's Meeting. The bike maker was shy on just what these rides are capable of, but stressed that they'd "shine in urban environments." A single brake lever suggests they might have linked hydraulic brakes.

All three designs appear ready for the challenges of urban rides with thicker tires and flat handlebars.

There's no mention of when these e-bikes would arrive, or how much they might cost. A disclaimer for the images reportedly warned that "production model features will vary." There's a good chance they'll attract attention, at any rate. Even with the LiveWire in its stable, Harley is synonymous with big, burly motorcycles. Pedal power would represent a big philosophical shift toward eco-conscious transport, even if it only represented a small part of the brand's lineup.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/21/harley-davidson-electric-bicycles/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_morning_after

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
The end is near. Any real bicycle company can (and likely will/already is) going to destroy this corporate abortion of an idea.

Yep..let's go after Trek and Specialized. The racers, hipsters, and green peace folks are dying to have a bar and shield on.....a bicycle.

I keep telling my kids who are fascinated by EV that I hope I do not live to see the end of the ICE (or at least the banning). So much visceral (and mental release for me) experience beyond just what type of fuel you use. Hoping my son "gets it" one day.

·
Asatruar
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just was their E-bike. I don't know how to feel about it. One of the reasons I love HDs is because of the sound. How do I get that with an e-bike? I know it's gonna be good for the environment and all but I just hope the quality is top notch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts