Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Dallas today at a rather large HD Dealership.I just wanted to pick up some v-Rod Chrome add ons etc and some V-Rod shirts. Well to my surprise they had NO V-rod Stuff. The only thing I was able to get was a smoke turn signal kit.Which fits most other HDs.Well it turned out only the front turn signal covers worked.Wrong part number. IM just amazed how the dealer was not even interested that I wanted V-Rod items. They only talked about the bikes they owned and how the V-rod was loosing popularity. I said so thats why none of the dealers have any cause they sold all they had.lol To me this is just a shame that an orginization who builds this bike lets the dealers put the V-rod on the back burner.This was a large dealer and they should have had a wall ooof HD V-rod items you would think. HD IF YOUR LISTNING WHY IS THIS HAPPNING. I was ready to spend hundreds of dollars if the products would have been available. From now on I will find my parts where I can. Will not even look at the HD dealerships. Im sure Im not the only one who has ran into this problem.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Check the classifieds on the forum here. There's all kinds of things going up for sale all the time. Plus any of the links on the home page and the Forum store. You'll be :broke: in no time!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just had a HORRIBLE experience with Surdye HD on an online order. I will post the results after I let them have a chance to fix it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I live near Dallas. Next time try Harley-Davidson of North Texas. They don't have a ton of V-ROD accessories, but enough to let you to spend a good bit of $$. The techs are pretty good there, too. The service manager rides V-ROD, so they've been pretty good about answering my questions (even though I didn't buy my bike from them). They also always have free food on the weekend, so if you can't get parts, at least you can get some eats.

http://www.hdnorthtexas.com/

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
The MOCO does not enen offer that much. Thanks to the after market we have a little hope.

·
I DON,T KNOW WHY
257 Posts
I dont understand harly davidson:bash: for such a high end bike they are piss poor on service . I have looked for shirts, hats, I cant even find a sticker that says V ROD. Whats up, are they ashamed of their own bikes:banghead:

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Welcome to our world...

won't find too many dealers that keep anything instock... Order online like most here... Eventually the EPA will not allow aircooled engines, and we'll be way ahead of the game.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Gulfcoast Harley Davidson has 2 DXs as the 1st bikes in their collection for sale.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have no idea of how the V-Rod line sells compared to the other HD models, but locally they just don't move that many. Coupled with the fact that HD doesn't have many accessories for them (which is directly related to how many V-Rods HD moves) means the dealers don't have much to offer. Dealerships are in the business to make money - can you blame them for not stocking more V-Rod stuff if they don't sell many V-Rods?

·
Member #415
1,712 Posts
My Local H-D dealer just ran a 90 second add on 2 Radio Stations for a Sale Event. EVERY Bike was well represented, with the V-Rod never mentioned once...:eek:

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Step 1: Get accessories book from your local dealer so you have all the necessary part numbers. They'll think they're about to hit it big.

Step 2: Hit Zanotti's site online from the comfort of home.

Step 3: Wait for your goodies to arrive. Cheaper in most cases than most any dealer I've run across.

See, easy. :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Cycle Connection in Joplin MO has adopted a new sales approach...they've seperated the entire store into "zones".....Touring, Cruising, and Sport Performance.....the SP zone is nothing but Buell's and VRods....they really have embraced this bike and its potential as a boulevard brawler.....check them out! I've never caught them with a "poor" selection of VRod floor models or associated merchandise....you can even order online.....
www.cycleconnectionh-d.com
and believe me, MOCO is watching....and taking notes on who's being naughty and nice......
"coinpurse" is right....eventually the Revolution is gonna be turning up in alot more models...and the dealers that refuse to accept change are gonna get smacked hard core with Big Brother's shoe! and they're gonna be expected to explain why they never worked toward building their market in this direction.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Let their air cooled garbage gather dust.

I've been to the HD show rooms around Dallas and found the same thing.

No reason to go in there, really.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
There's no such thing as "just wanted to pick up some v-Rod Chrome add ons etc and some V-Rod shirts".

:(

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
If you had a Store with limited space and only sold a HAndful of one product (Vrods) you wouldnt bend over backwards or fill up the place with product for those few models either. You bought a New Model thats not Accepted by the Majority of the customers that visit that shop. Basic Economics 101.

·
Dragon
92 Posts
i used to get pi$$ed but now i just smile and wave. the truth is we are the black sheep bad a$$ brother that shows up late to party, drinks the softail's beer and leaves with the bagger's girl while the sporter giggles in the corner.

we may be small in numbers, but look around this site and you see pretty clearly that our money spends pretty well.

·
Registered
330 Posts
luxlamf said:
If you had a Store with limited space and only sold a HAndful of one product (Vrods) you wouldnt bend over backwards or fill up the place with product for those few models either. You bought a New Model thats not Accepted by the Majority of the customers that visit that shop. Basic Economics 101.

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner here folks. There is no backroom discussions at dealers on how to screw over V-Rod owners the fact is if parts gather dust they go back to the MoCo. If you refuse to buy parts from the dealer eventually H-D will stop producing what little they do now. I'm not saying it's right or wrong it's just how to run a profitable business.

p.s. there is no Santa either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not accepted by the people that visit the HD dealers??? Guess it says a lot about the type of people that visit the HD dealers .I cant think of a reason for anyone not accepting another bike.They dont have to buy it. WHY bad mouth it?????? IS it maybe because its better than what they have? Hmmmm, The market is saturated with HD Air cooled models and it continues to fill up to the point that prices are and will continue to fall.Dealers are and will begain to discount and give rebates.Something that has be unheard of in the past. I feel sorry for those poor souls that paid over retail for their bikes.I hope they someday will give some sort of rebates on the N.R. specials so I can get one. Will say if HD is not serious with pushing the V-Rod like their other models then discontinue them and keep making the same old stuff.There are only so many paint colors.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts