Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
CO2 Climate Killer Train, Tassie Tony, Conductor in a Dress, none aboard ?!

Excellent Article TaxmanHog Noel !

"But rather than embrace this truth, today’s climate “scientists,” joined by leftist politicians and a complicit mainstream media, insist that not using reusable grocery bags at the supermarket and not having an electric vehicle are destroying the planet so quickly that we absolutely must implement global climate taxes as the solution."

“The climate change debate is not about science. It is an effort to impose political and economic controls on the population by the elite,” wrote one commenter at the Hal Turner Radio Show.

“And it’s another way to divide the population against itself, with some who believe in man-made global warming and some who don’t, i.e. divide and conquer.”

I'm a Denier of what ? That CO2 is the only thing that is responsible for possibly driving the temperature of the planet up in some areas, while others stay the same and in southern latitudes actually colder in places ? The SUN is the greatest source of heat in our solar system, everyone knows that so Tony you're a Denier that the orbit of the Earth has anything to do with being closer and tilting more toward the SUN exposing the Earth to more heating in those affected areas. There are ice core samples that show CO2 levels much higher than today hundreds of thousands of years before any Man-made CO2 AND THE TEMPERATURE WAS MUCH COLDER ! I'm not saying CO2 can't hold heat in, it probably does, but it's not all that's going on. And I don't pray at the Altar set up by the Leftist Elite to control us with the CO2 Boogy man scare tactics like you do. Seeing how you're always against Big government and the Intrusion of the Man I'm surprised you fell for the CO2 Climate Change /Global Warming HOAX perpetrated by Leftists like you have. Time to pull up your nice black dress, cross your hairy legs in a womanly manner and drive off in your CO2 Climate Killer Train - BY YOURSELF !! Because most of us aren't even close to being on board. Don't forget please send us photos of your title or registration for your new Electric Livewire from down under - really looking forward to that, a real road test report, and an environmental impact statement . :spank: :blahblah: :D:D

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I don't know Ron, I thought the revolution was the best engine HD ever .……...whoops never built.Same could be said for this leccy thing.Until we get a few miles on them you can't make a blanket statement that HD's quality control is better or worse than say Zero's,it's too early yet.I haven't seen one but initial reactions are a look of quality at least on most components.May be that they have continued the dinosaur heritage for the new world and it will be the new order of things for the coming reset.It might run forever like an old fridge.
Chuck will have to undergo an intervention and include some nice vegan chicks in his portfolio but a man with his head for figures should thrive.
Live like there is no tomorrow now there's a statement that says it all and without a hint of responsibility about the day after.
Look this myth that we are doomed without burning oil has gone on long enough.It's the oil companys and the .01% of the wealthy mf's that have us by the nuts that run this joint and dictate the dialogue.
There are technologies about that can have us flying with anti matter devices that don't rely on a drop of oil.
Money is not necessary to have a functioning society.Religion is rigged.War is rigged.Education is mind control and on it goes.

Must go I have a dress to try on.
Revolution was the best engine HD built, to date. Interesting to see how the newer versions in the Bronx and Pan American match it.
Ron

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Revolution was the best engine HD built, to date. Interesting to see how the newer versions in the Bronx and Pan American match it.
Ron
I love my Revo, I also love my Shovel. I will say that for most category how you like HD faithful would love to own a Knucklehead over all of them. Now I go on my Tassie cookie. Its the myth, legend, folklore, and some other adjectives that they want to want that. I am sure if they owned it it would not be the first thing to jump on for a ride.

We can look at a large picture of motorcycleing, and just take OCC as an example, there was a time 10 years ago when everything was motorcycle based. Many cable channles had biker build shows and lifestyle shows and it even flowed into primetime TV with a guy in a Leather jacket walikng in to a living room saying something like Hey Sorry about the flowers but I had to park my Hog on the porch.
So if we compare what it was to what it is BAD news. But in that same ten years the Auto industry also died. Scion came and went Nissan and Honda are not as good as they were. Gm dropped many line and ford dropped the Mercury line. Seems that Tucks are the new minivans. Everyone has one and is building one.

So where does that leave the motorcycles? Could BMW back out or Honda drop its lines yep it could. Could HD buy out Polaris Indian line Yep. In the works and dont let my dreams fool you into thinking that is true.

I am sure there is something out there that will make biker lifestyle be mainstream again but its not going to be over night.

Sidebar Happy Days was almost not aired because of Fonzy, early episodes made him not wear his leather jacket for stupid reasons. Then it became the in thing.

My take on all that is everyone wants to biker shit till its time to do biker shit. Breakdown, when its raw to be a biker its something that is edgy, when everyone is a biker then its not edgy. So till being a biker is edgy again it wont be mainstream.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I love my Revo, I also love my Shovel. I will say that for most category how you like HD faithful would love to own a Knucklehead over all of them. Now I go on my Tassie cookie. Its the myth, legend, folklore, and some other adjectives that they want to want that. I am sure if they owned it it would not be the first thing to jump on for a ride.

We can look at a large picture of motorcycleing, and just take OCC as an example, there was a time 10 years ago when everything was motorcycle based. Many cable channles had biker build shows and lifestyle shows and it even flowed into primetime TV with a guy in a Leather jacket walikng in to a living room saying something like Hey Sorry about the flowers but I had to park my Hog on the porch.
So if we compare what it was to what it is BAD news. But in that same ten years the Auto industry also died. Scion came and went Nissan and Honda are not as good as they were. Gm dropped many line and ford dropped the Mercury line. Seems that Tucks are the new minivans. Everyone has one and is building one.

So where does that leave the motorcycles? Could BMW back out or Honda drop its lines yep it could. Could HD buy out Polaris Indian line Yep. In the works and dont let my dreams fool you into thinking that is true.

I am sure there is something out there that will make biker lifestyle be mainstream again but its not going to be over night.

Sidebar Happy Days was almost not aired because of Fonzy, early episodes made him not wear his leather jacket for stupid reasons. Then it became the in thing.

My take on all that is everyone wants to biker shit till its time to do biker shit. Breakdown, when its raw to be a biker its something that is edgy, when everyone is a biker then its not edgy. So till being a biker is edgy again it wont be mainstream.
My first bike was a 47 EL knuckle. I wouldn't say it was a great engine, as in poor valve life but it was great in the day compared to flatheads. It is today a very well known and sot after nostalgic engine. In 1969, I payed $250 for that bike and it was a daily driver. I kick myself for ever letting it go, but who knew the price would go stupid as year went by. Owned a 52 panhead after that. Missed the shovel days but got to work on some. Then TC and now the V rod. Revolution is the best by far. TC was a complete piece of shit. Not impressed with the M8 either. Think about it. More then 100 years in the business and this is the best they can do? Imagine if they weren't being pushed by the competition, Indian Challenger comes to mind but HD usually milks an engine design about 15 years so they will fall even further behind. The other side of the coin, if they do magically surprise me, the price tag will steer me away from it.
Ron

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Here is my thoughts on all of this. At some point a motorcylce is just that. We are in my mind dealing with a Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger. For a while when Chevy was out and Dodge had nothing the Mustang was real junk. 300HP V8 was the big hoss. Then the Camaro came back out and the v6 had 312 HP so yes in many ways the other company pushes you forward. Back to the bike thing, I get the motor is 50% of the bike but in many ways so many are on equal terms. Even the as you put it POS TC motor many are getting 100K out of them with some regular maintence or wear items like the cam stuff. But I have done many timing chains and belts in cars with that kind of miles, Honda wanted one every 30K for a few years. But you would be hard pressed to get 50K out of a Shovel or even a Evo. When a 40K bike (Ultra) pulls the same money as a 75K bike (Ultra) that kind of lets you know the market. I look at the Ducatis and its rare to see a 30K plus bike sold. Either its like luggage and you never get rid of it, or after that you need to keep it because no one wants a high miles bike.

So in the end for me I would be just as happy with a TC in a Ultra as a M8 or a Evo. Having a water cooled EFI, solenoid controlled valves, and a CVT trans dose not make the bike any different than the air cooled Shovel 4 speed bike.
I understand your points but its a bike and it will only ever be a bike. 95% of people who own a bike have something else to use. So other than braggin at the hot dog event the motor does not help it not be a bike.
When you look at the Coyote and the Hemi that old pushrod motor effin kills it everywhere. The Hemi is not much different than the Magnum in terms of what it is. basic 1950 layout. The Coyote is one can argue the cutting edge of performance but some one cut off most of its performance.
Now I know that someone is going to call the size thing but in the end HP is HP and no one cares that you make more per inch when you didn't bring enough inches.

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
This thread sue has a lot of Bull-pucky floating around in it. I am unsubscribing to this thread. Had enough.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Pay your Carbon Taxes NOW or DIE !!

RustyG that's some good stuff you say there ! - You may never read this because you are unsubscribing but this is what happens when someone brings a story about the apparent early sales failure of a 30K Electric H-D M/C named the Livewire and other folks chime in to tell us why we're environmental sinners riding a gas burning V Rod and if we just listened we could save the planet from a CO2 overdose and death by buying an electric M/C charged (at this time in the world) by COAL. If that doesn't make you crazy nothing will. I ain't buying the Electric M/C or even the sky is falling and the world's going to end in 12 years if I don't start paying my Carbon Taxes now crap. Ridiculous. I'd like to unsubscribe from this thread myself but someone has to take a stand and fight this Leftist B/S. Guess that's me and a few others. So be it. :blahblah: :D

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
They need to improve the charging system dramatically before I will buy one. From what I have read and heard the only place to get a "fast" charge (2 hours) is at a H-D dealer. You can charge it at home using 120V but one hours charge will get you 13 miles. To get a full charge would require about 12 hours on the charger.
Their range of 164 miles also is suspect. I would imagine the rider weight and cargo weight being carried would be a significant factor on mileage.
Everyone compares them to fossil power.Wrong.It's early days yet.It's as much a statement of I care enough to put in even if it costs me.So easy to go with the mob and feel secure in the negativity, another to face reality and do something about it.

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Off to the OFF TOPIC area - where Livewire & pollution discussions belong.

Hey - H-D Troll aka Tassie Tony - Yes, it is early in the Electric M/C development cycle. That's exactly why most folks don't go running all willy-nilly to their local H-D dealer to order a new, unproven 30K Electric H-D M/C. People are CAREFUL with their hard earned money and that's why most working class folks wait till the bugs are worked out in any expensive product before they go buy it. That's REALITY. It really has nothing to do with as you say " So easy to go with the mob and feel secure in the negativity " that's just a pretty sad thing to say about any of us here on 1130cc.com I.M.H.O. As far as " Facing reality and doing something about it " I'm sure all of us here do what we can to reduce pollution, buying new efficient cars, home & business air conditioners, LED light bulbs etc. so just because we don't buy the first rendition of H-D's Electric M/C doesn't make us bad people, gross polluters or haters of the environment. Put your $ where your mouth is. Go forth and buy a new Livewire when they arrive over there, and give us a true riders report, and send photos of you riding it ( but not in a dress :)) and your real title/registration. Until then collect your last Livewire Troll check from H-D as your never ending website work to sell them has failed, at least here at our great V Rod paradise, 1130cc.com. This discussion is going to the Off-Topic area, where it belongs. Later Dude - :blahblah: :D

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Forum feedback

Big thumbs down from me I'm afraid on this ocassion.

Hey lets invite a guest speaker to hear his views and then throw beer cans when he gives us the facts and challenges our beliefs.

Livewire will sell regardless of the agenda here so no skin off if that's the endeavour.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Be a participant, not just a proponent.

After 527 conversations of why myself and many here think the Livewire is not the ideal new 30K motorcycle from H-D you are still recalcitrant and act just like a petulant child. I don't need a brain washed, hypocritical, leftist environmental guest speaker to tell me the B/S he's been indoctrinated with and I wouldn't throw beer cans at anybody anyway - they don't fly far enough, plus I don't usually drink beer out of cans ( bottles are much better for flavor, and when you throw them the additional mass and glass really do some damage - but I digress ) What I want to hear from you Tassie Tony is the same thing I've been saying for years, it sounds like this - " YES I'm buying a Livewire ( probably 45K down there ) and I'm all in on being the first guinea pig down under to own and ride one. I'll report back with range, reliability, recharge times and what it's like to sell a V Rod and go to an all Electric M/C, and calculate how much it reduces CO2 pollution here down under, and how much better the planet will be with me riding it." When you say and do that I'll be convinced you're the real deal and not just a H-D Livewire Troll. I don't think it's gonna happen. You might even try to fake ownership but no, it ain't gonna happen at the end of the day. Too expensive, beyond reach, cost to benefit ratio all upside down. When you're a participant, not just a proponent chime back in - we'll all still be here waiting for a report back from the left field. In the meantime let's shelve it, this horse has been ridden into the dirt face down AGAIN. Riding my R to an outdoor concert tonight, guilt free, lots of nice Revo engine exhaust notes for all to enjoy ! Peace Brother. :blahblah: :D

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Coal burning electric guitars?

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
COAL powered Rock n Roll Guitars !

You got it buddy, if you're in Orlando it's a Coal Burning Guitar. Used to live a few miles from the Curtis Stanton Coal Fired Plant - big fun, when the wind was wrong we would inhale the mercury tainted stench - at least my Daughter and I could ride dirt bikes out to the plant and watch the Coal trains bringing it in, spilling it along the tracks. They broke the Crystal River Nuke plant containment dome trying to install a 20% more efficient generator inside so now we got an " Asset Securitization Charge " monthly to clean up their mess. Disney has acres of new solar panels but they don't share them with the locals, but out there there may be a partially solar powered guitar, somewhere. Hope around here is a small herd of Livewire's (that can be solar charged outside of town) may come in, power the guitars at the free downtown concert series and leave before they drain down below the level needed to return home outside of the 'Burbs. We all have our dreams, don't we ? In the meantime it's gasoline and exhaust notes for us, so I think I'm gonna need counseling in this position of extreme weakness. I'll report back after I pick up the prescribed medication, BEER ! :blahblah: :D

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Found a Livewire buyer, that's two of us.....................

https://youtu.be/_Uc6AkSpH0c

I'm working on a wind powered mouth organ myself, should turn the music industry on it's ear.:D

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Tassie Tony using the words mouth, organ, wind in a sentence ?!

Excellent guitar work ! So a solar charged battery running the Marshall stack - musta' charged it on the sunny day before - Hey - it could happen ! SO - that hole ( whole ) wind powered mouth on an organ or mouth powered wind on an organ - whatever the hell you got going on there Tony yea - sounds like it fits the Tassie approach to total happiness ! :blahblah: :D

·
Banned
5,281 Posts

Attachments

·
Noel
4,579 Posts
The front wheel looks awful close to the battery pack, maybe a bit of parallax distortion on the photo shoot?

Maybe this was an early prototype, as the remaining photos on the web page show more clearance and skirt around the bottom of the powerpack.

161 - 180 of 211 Posts