Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
I have one and just know that it is entirely and completely and only and nothing but for looks. It deflects the wind right to your face unless you ride like crotch rocket (which looks weird by the way). They look nice but don't function, see my pictures for this type.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
i raised mine around 2 and 1/2" works okay now

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
DO TeLL!!!

So you just slid it up the handlebars and mounted a couple inchest higher than they tell you to? Seems you had to mod the bottom bracket some how. This could be tough in chrome...
jimlowe said:
i raised mine around 2 and 1/2" works okay now

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
drtwo said:
So you just slid it up the handlebars and mounted a couple inchest higher than they tell you to? Seems you had to mod the bottom bracket some how. This could be tough in chrome...
i'll post a pic later today.

904 Posts
The model for the A models uses the mount above the headlight, so moving it up is not an option. I've got one on mine, and I love it for summer riding. Keeps the wind blast off your chest, which helps fight that sustained high speed fatique. (Guess I'm just getting too old to be laying down on the airbox!). Yes, the wind is still in your face, but I have no problem with that for summer riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts