Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley just came out with a new product that they call the Race Fueler. I looks to be basically like the DFO/Techlusion with HD SE labels. Retails for 224.95.

This is in the new Screamin Eagle Parts Catalog. They now call race parts SE Pro. They also introduced the 120 inch Twin Cam that they developed with Jims.

I will keep an eye out for more goodies.

Ken

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Do you have a web address for them?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. This info has just been released to HD Tech by way of their online service computers. (hdnet)

I will be watching.

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update!!!

More info for you.

n e w p r o d u c t s

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO EFI RACE FUELER

Tune the fuel flow on your EFI bike. The fueler can electronically add fuel in much the same manner as increasing jet size on a carbureted system. It allows for quick tuning for the addition of less restrictive, free flowing intake and exhaust systems. The Fueler offers bands of adjustment that take into account operating ranges, such as idle, acceleration and steady speed. The Fueler is a self-contained unit that requires no computer interface. Adjustments are made by setting fuel, RPM and accelerator pump potentiometers, with changes monitored on LED indicators. The compact unit is designed for plug-in installation, and the small size allows the Fueler to remain on the bike for convenient tuning. Tuner affects fuel delivery only and can not change rev limit or spark timing. For race application only.

32132-04 $224.95

Fits ’01-later EFI Softail®, ’02-later EFI Touring, ’04 EFI Dyna and ’02-later V-Rod® models.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The race fueler is basically a TFI or DFO with the Y harness built in and with 6 dials instead of four.

The function is the same. The added buttons allow you to split adjustment (enrichment) as well as accel pump ranges and a finer control of accel pump enrichment.

For some people it means added capability but for some it could mean added complication.

The race fueler is basically a TFI or DFO with the Y harness built in and with 6 dials instead of four.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mysite.freeserve.com/hhog/screamineaglepro.pdf

Check this out there is more VRod stuff including new paint, turn signal locator kit, fork caps, and chrome hardware kits for sissy bar and luggage rack.

Still looking

Ken

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice link, Thanks for the info!

Appreciate the info!Fred :ride:

o2man98 said:
More info for you.

n e w p r o d u c t s

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE PRO EFI RACE FUELER

Tune the fuel flow on your EFI bike. The fueler can electronically add fuel in much the same manner as increasing jet size on a carbureted system. It allows for quick tuning for the addition of less restrictive, free flowing intake and exhaust systems. The Fueler offers bands of adjustment that take into account operating ranges, such as idle, acceleration and steady speed. The Fueler is a self-contained unit that requires no computer interface. Adjustments are made by setting fuel, RPM and accelerator pump potentiometers, with changes monitored on LED indicators. The compact unit is designed for plug-in installation, and the small size allows the Fueler to remain on the bike for convenient tuning. Tuner affects fuel delivery only and can not change rev limit or spark timing. For race application only.

32132-04 $224.95

Fits ’01-later EFI Softail®, ’02-later EFI Touring, ’04 EFI Dyna and ’02-later V-Rod® models.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The function is the same. The added buttons allow you to split adjustment (enrichment) as well as accel pump ranges and a finer control of accel pump enrichment.

For some people it means added capability but for some it could mean added complication.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mysite.freeserve.com/hhog/screamineaglepro.pdf

Check this out there is more VRod stuff including new paint, turn signal locator kit, fork caps, and chrome hardware kits for sissy bar and luggage rack.

Still looking

Ken

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
hmmmm... wonder if the dealer will honor this with the warranty...
Ha! I used the words "dealer", "honor", and "warranty" all in the same sentence!!

Greg

·
Registered
974 Posts
:deal:
You writin' a fairy tale Greg ??? :plause:
Good one !
BobT

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Asked the service manager about this last night... they didnt know about it, but did not sound very confident about using it. After a bit, they were asking me questions about my bike, if I had ever had a problem starting it. I remembered the thread about the wiring to the started, and gave the "tech" a place to start looking. The wealth of information here is greater than that at the shop! Thanks
Greg

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Yeah I get a kick out of it when we all know things about the v-rod and the dealers,or service people don't.

Thanks to MAX for putting up this forum.
And thanks to all the people that have giving info and tips.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Just get a Race Tuner.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Eduarprmd, the problem here is that the only dyno around is the one at the dealer. I have only heard it being used once. To top it off, I think my dog knows more about working on bikes than these guys do. So, I am trying to figure out what is best for me to do, without a dyno. I love the idea of the R/T, but dont think I will get to use all of its features.

Thanks
Greg

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Greg, I hear you! I have little trust here also. Thre's a shop on the island said to be well versed in tuning with the RT but more than an hours drive and I'm not willing to leave them the motorcycle for long. Besides this is fun, the way I'm doing it.

That's why I concentrated on finding a well maintained dyno and just did baseline and AFR's, then other runs with the new setup. No tuning that was it. If I had a good tuner I may have had a faster V-Rod but being optimistic I feel I'm better off where I am right now just because I'm learning a lot very fast. Now I can really understand some of the people here that truly know this thing and I think there's only one I'm sure of that truly understands the RT besides me, cause I do now. If there's anyone else here doing I'd like to "listen" from him or her since by just reading Mark's posts I've learned so much.

Just get yours to the dealers dyno for a few pulls and a good baseline. Do not worry about the numbers, they are just that, numbers. Just worry about upgrading safely, that the work is well done, that you install quality hardware. Then the best of the best software is the Race Tuner, not because I have one and certainly not because it has the HD name in it, it's just a quality product like the PCIII but with more functionality to it. Don't worry about using or not all the features. Stay basic mode at first. Try the other features. Once I get to test it and see if reproducible the dyno hp estimator may prove invaluable. We'll see. If you're not willing to go out and ride with your laptop or find the RT cumbersome get a PCIII, download a map for the combination and be done with it, that's very cool too. Don't fall for the no tuning necessary with the PCIII :bs: cause you may have to anyway. Maybe not. The techlusion thing will work also but is even less functional than the PCIII. Bottom line with whatever you choose if you hit it just right with any, you'll be better off than with another system.

Oh! And whatever you do don't EVER fall for the "it worked for me" guy here (me and a lot others included) because there's no magic recipe for success. For that you watch TV at 3am in the morning, buy a Charles Atlas thing, go to the iridologist, homeopath, or the circus. :laugh:

:2cents: Get a Race Tuner and ask away. There are no stupid questions even if we kid about it. Better ask than break. PM me or better still post it so everyone benefits. Ask on the PCIII, RT threads. If I don't know we can go higher up and ask Mark :cool: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts