Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOME HELP WITH THIS ONE YALL! WHO'S GOT A FIX FOR THESE CHEEP RAW ALUMINUM WHEELS. THE ARE SO HARD TO CLEAN AND KEEP HALF ASSED POLISHED. I DON'T NEED SUGGESTIONS TO BUY DIFFERENT WHEELS. I'LL DO THAT NEXT WINTER. THANKS YALL! GOTTA BLAST! :vrod:

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Mothers Aluminum Billet polish, elbow grease, and flour to remove the black dust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1BADV said:
SOME HELP WITH THIS ONE YALL! WHO'S GOT A FIX FOR THESE CHEEP RAW ALUMINUM WHEELS. THE ARE SO HARD TO CLEAN AND KEEP HALF ASSED POLISHED. I DON'T NEED SUGGESTIONS TO BUY DIFFERENT WHEELS. I'LL DO THAT NEXT WINTER. THANKS YALL! GOTTA BLAST! :vrod:
Simple Green, diluted with warm water. Use a leaf blower to thoroughly dry.

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
If you use Simple Green use it with great care... It is known discolor Al. The two don't mix...

However the leaf blower sounds like a good idea!

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
What Danii said Mothers Billet.It really works great.Just need alot of elbow grease.

·
Registered
148 Posts
simichrome,simichrome,simichrome...works fantastic in fact it saved me form droppin 5K on new wheels, oh lets not forget the pulleys and rotors. Follow up with a mothers polish and your all set.

Belive me i was sooooooooo frustraded over the wheels. This works

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
A lift makes the job a lot faster.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
russojerry said:
simichrome,simichrome,simichrome...works fantastic in fact it saved me form droppin 5K on new wheels, oh lets not forget the pulleys and rotors. Follow up with a mothers polish and your all set.

Belive me i was sooooooooo frustraded over the wheels. This works
Where did you buy the Simichrome from? Did you first polish with the Simichrome, then polish with Mothers Billet - thus polishing twice? Also, did this 2-step process last longer?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Use whatever kind of chrome polish you like then rub them down with flour and a dry rag. It works great just like Daniii said. It makes them look really good without a lot of effort.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Throw a coat of carnauba wax on after they are sparkling, and it will keep the shine longer! I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago, and it worked great.

·
Flamed Rod
161 Posts
where did you get the carnauba wax? how much?

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
i already had some from somewhere. Just check the labels at the store...there are lots of different brands that contain carnauba wax.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Yuall! I'll Try Each One Until I Find The Easiest One. Hope To Ride With Yuall Someday. Gotta Blast!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts