Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving for work this morning I cranked my bike up in the driveway and it wouldn't turn over. I held the start switch down for a few seconds, wouldn't turn, let off and the bike let off a HUGE backfire. Freaked me the f%$# out. Hit the off switch, turned off the ignition, and redid the start up process and she started fine. Any ideas why this would happen?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Leaving for work this morning I cranked my bike up in the driveway and it wouldn't turn over. I held the start switch down for a few seconds, wouldn't turn, let off and the bike let off a HUGE backfire. Freaked me the f%$# out. Hit the off switch, turned off the ignition, and redid the start up process and she started fine. Any ideas why this would happen?

Some of the early 07's had a new manufacture starter sol that was known to give some problems. Yours may be on the way out. The backfire was a squirt of fuel in the cylinder and then a shot of fire. I have seen it happen when engines didn't turn over but were in just the right position to fire.

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Reminds me of
"Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, cause I'll hear you scream
"

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
That happened to me once and then I informed my children that twisting my throttle when my bike was parked was not good for my motorcycle or my state of mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts