Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving thoughts to making my 2014 Muscle a bagger with a batwing fairing.
Have heard of detachable bag brackets and a clip on type bracket for the batwing.
Am I just dreaming does anyone know of such things?
Want to take a road trip next summer and thought it would be nice to have some removable luggage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Giving thoughts to making my 2014 Muscle a bagger with a batwing fairing.
Have heard of detachable bag brackets and a clip on type bracket for the batwing.
Am I just dreaming does anyone know of such things?
Want to take a road trip next summer and thought it would be nice to have some removable luggage.

Fairing yes - Memphis shades

Bags - 1000% depends on what you get and what your budget is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some guys have pulled this off by converting their VROD completly to a bagger. Google the term ' Road Rod'. Personally, I think that goes a little too far trying to convert a race horse to an elephant. However, like you, I need some more utility and comfort as I take less frequent but long trips. I put a short windshield on and
A sundowner seat, heel rests and reduced reach bars. She's now very comfortable and with my cortech strap on rear seat bag is set up for a several days long trip and easily converted back to an in town cruiser for those Saturday rides.
A sundowneruse

·
Asatruar
2,903 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
i did the road glide wedge fairing , road glide bags and a road king rear fender on mine , made the bike real nice for longer distances and didn't affect the handling much , ill try and get pictures later if interested in what it looks like

·
Registered
33 Posts
i did the road glide wedge fairing , road glide bags and a road king rear fender on mine , made the bike real nice for longer distances and didn't affect the handling much , ill try and get pictures later if interested in what it looks like

How do you like the wedge?

Will the wedge mount fit a normal Road glide fairing?

Thx!

·
-MIG
47 Posts
I built mine into a bagger a couple years ago. Im happy i did. Made it way nicer to ride long distances.
That's a good looking ride there! I'm fortunate to have my Triumph Rocket III Touring as my bagger and my V-Rod as my more sporty ride.
-MIG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im very happy with it really cuts wind down and nice adding a radio , mine is from a 2010 roadglide on a vrsca

You used the “wedge” company mounts but a road glide fairing?

Or did you use cyclevision mount?

Reason I am asking- I have a roadrod also - a 02 vrsca but I just bought a vrscf muscle. Cycle vision does not sell the mounts any longer so I want to know if “wedge” company mount fits a regular RG fairing

Btw - nice bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts