Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I am keeping my bike....

I recently got laid off and after 2 months of not even an interview, I took a job 3 hours away. I leave monday morning and come back friday night. Not the most fun at all but the job is great. Now the problem...

As many of you know I started making parts about a year and a half ago. There is a special kind of satisfaction knowing you made parts for someone who takes a lot of pride in their motorcycle. I love doing it, but it is getting to be a little much. I have always tried to be as customer orientated as I could but I am afraid that with me only able to machine on the weekends and my kids and my girl actually wanting to see me my service is going to suffer. So I am contemplating selling the business. It pretty much makes me feel like I would be giving up my kids for adoption.

I guess I am looking for someone who might be interested in buying the business. If I do sell it I want the person who is buying it to have a Vrod and love it as much as I do. It pains me to even think about it but I think I have to.

-Keith

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Crap man that sucks a big one. Times are the shits eh, what do you fabricate??

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Sorry to hear bout your business... I've gone thru it myself on three occassions, not sure if it will help but when and if you get back into it, it will be better than before...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what part of the world are you located in?
I am in central PA. I make forward controls, license plates, signal relocators.

-Keith

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Many people on here are looking for someone who will make custom deep "engraving" on covers, wheels, etc
You could make money just by making replacement frame tubes at a better price than Harley. How about real mid controls (half way between the forward and the harley mids)

A little bit of letting us know what you do/can do might have you giving up that 3 hour away job!
I've been self employed for 22 years and the first few were tough, what made it for me was customer service. Word of mouth is where my work comes from, nowhere else.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Many people on here are looking for someone who will make custom deep "engraving" on covers, wheels, etc
You could make money just by making replacement frame tubes at a better price than Harley. How about real mid controls (half way between the forward and the harley mids)

A little bit of letting us know what you do/can do might have you giving up that 3 hour away job!
I've been self employed for 22 years and the first few were tough, what made it for me was customer service. Word of mouth is where my work comes from, nowhere else.
Got any pic's of that Triumph? My boy has the 1125R Buell, quick lil mofo :)...

·
Registered
400 Posts
sorry to hear about your troubles Keith. I for one think your work is top notch and i couldn't be happier with my side mount plate you knocked up. One thing is for sure, i was going to buy more from you as your product line increased. I especially liked the idea of the bmx type foot pegs. I hope things work out for you.

All the best,
Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts