Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Finally purchased my first cruiser. I've had sport bikes my whole adult life and am finally ready to slow down. I have always liked the Vrod and have been looking at several bikes for the last six months. Last month I found the perfect bike for me, an 04 VRSCB with 13k miles. The bike That I found is super clean and almost completely stock except for Supertrapp 2 into 1 exhaust, Power commander III usb and a Sundowner seat. I have added a factory sissy bar/backrest, a Hogworkz luggage rack and a Nelson Rigg strap mount tank bag. I've put a little over 1000 miles on it and absolutely love her. I am however struggling with dragging in the corners and am working on raising my exhaust and foot pegs (any recommendations would be greatly appriciated). This site has been a huge help and i really enjoy being part of it! Keep up the great job!

Attachments

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
You might consider these (you want the 45 degree version). They curve up along the base, so they give you more clearance.

Yes, you CAN scrape them (ask me, I know), but it's a fair bit more than the H-D stock pegs with the feelers.

Additionally, the way they're cut, they provide a lot more grip for your boot than the stockers.

I've had them for years on both my F and my wife's Nightster and they work a treat.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MIi_i_88-z3QIV0F5-Ch0dPgmpEAQYBCABEgJeaPD_BwE

·
Registered
26 Posts
I brought my bike home last night but have to wait for new tires to come in before I can ride, Hopefully I can scrape some pegs in a week or so!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally was able to modify my exhaust bracket and raise the exhaust, now all i need is for my new foot pegs to show up and ill be set. I installed 6 more plates to my Supertrapp for a total of 18 which helped lean it out a bit. Next stop is the Dyno in a few weeks to get it tuned a little better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts