Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a bit naff, but just wanted to wish you all a happy 4th of July.

Twas damn nice of us to let you have your own country

At least we sent all the convicts to Australia.

:cheers:

:twisted:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Cheers, Apprentice

Don't you have a 4th of July in England? What comes after the 3rd?

Here's to a good long ride, a slow bbq, and a deep pint.

·
Whig party
32 Posts
ViagROD said:
Cheers, Apprentice

Don't you have a 4th of July in England? What comes after the 3rd?

Here's to a good long ride, a slow bbq, and a deep pint.
Awesome, :laugh: can someone translate what a naff is?
hey, USA on the left, UK on the right about 231 years ago :spank:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Code:
[B]Naff [/B] 

British slang, describes something that is stupid, lame or unpalatable.

[I]That party was naff — they ran out of beer, and the people were way too uptight.[/I]

Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=naff

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, but you guys don't have to pay £1 a litre of petrol ($7 a US gallon)

Over the year about 30% of my total wage goes on tax.
We also have a number of "stealth" taxes that are hidden away.

I agree, we should set up our own country.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The_Apprentice said:
Yeah, but you guys don't have to pay £1 a litre of petrol ($7 a US gallon)

Over the year about 30% of my total wage goes on tax.
We also have a number of "stealth" taxes that are hidden away.

I agree, we should set up our own country.
I definitely agree that the BS needs to stop, but we don't need a new country. We just need the people to read the Declaration of Independence and remember this quote:

'But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.'

And this should be believed everywhere, not just the US.

·
Registered
683 Posts
us brits are very nice about having got the a$$-beating of the century all those years ago, aren't we??
to make you all groan, here in "black gold" country, one gallon of the Gulf' finest costs.... about 80p (that's a buck 60 for you over the pond)
oh yeah, and there's no taxes either.....
happy independance day!

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
I definitely agree that the BS needs to stop, but we don't need a new country. We just need the people to read the Declaration of Independence and remember this quote:

'But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.'

:them:

I appreciate your well wishes and agree with Dark_HD_07 - we just need to get more involved and make some serious changes. When people get complacent about government, bad things happen. The cool thing about America is that all the resources are there for change. We have an awesome Constitution and the Foundation for which to make changes. We just need to get more involved . I couldn't help but watch all the faces at the Independence Day festivities - all colors, sizes, America means something to alot of people. As citizen's we shouldn't let things just slide - we should be involved in the process.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cheer's Apprentice:cheers:

Rock on Dark:notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Alabama, I'm working on moving over there, was there
in March and loved it!!!:plause: :ride:

·
Whig party
32 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:

If only we had an Army as good as the spartans. The finest soldiers the world has ever known. Im sure they could save us. Oh sparta where for art thou? alas.
:angeldev:

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
meabn007 said:
If only we had an Army as good as the spartans. The finest soldiers the world has ever known. Im sure they could save us. Oh sparta where for art thou? alas.
:angeldev:
Ha Ha, Funny. Guess what though, they saved Democracy from being destroyed by an invading force. Amazing what history can teach us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts