Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hearing your bike run after a month. I should have pics tomorrow for those who care. I did the following mods & have a few loose ends to clean up & then done for now.

240 rear, Metzlers front & rear. Thanks ElDiablo

Progressive lowering springs

Black powder coated sliders, cam covers, derby cover, clutch cover, stator cover, pulley cover, rear pulley, compensator bowl, water pump cover, super-brace.

DX hose cover

CFR pipe, wrapped headers

Revtech fueler

Pondo caps. YO I sent you a pm cuz!

V Gauge coming tomorrow

86'n the gauge pod

Z Bars to be installed

Over the winter I'll powder coat the forward controls, the triple trees & head light bracket to black, hook up the NOS and be finished forever :laugh:.

Damn it looks sleek & low with the short 440's on the rear and the front dropped. I got a "pipe woody" hearing that CFR sing. Thru all those mods I didn't lose a screw until I went to install the battery last night & couldn't find the battery screws. Bought new ones today. My service manual is really hurting and I may have to retire it & frame it.

Most important is a thanks to Max for this forum & everyone who answered a question that I wasn't able to find thru the search function.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
MAN!!! that sounds like it looks great :thumb:

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
You've been busy, can't wait to see it!

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Looking forward as well for the pic's. Mike's right, doing all this in the middle of summer!

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
You've been a busy boy, but I still think you're nuts for doing it in the middle of the riding season.
August= lots of heat. I hate riding in the heat. The risk of bat wings increases with humidity even with the increased use of Gold Bond.

Personally I think we should sell August & February to the rest of the world & pay down the national debt.

Between work & the kids my riding would have been extremly limited so I really didn't loose much.

I'm such a head case that when I finally have all the parts I want for any project I have to dive in.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Congrats! I look forward to the pictures.
...........Uhhhhhhhh, Done? Forever? Assuming the flux capacitor has had the turbo installed, and the warp 9 nitros kit is hardwired into the AGDO.........
Are they ever really done? I have given up thinking I might actually leave it alone. Winter in Michigan slows things down, but that is mod season!

·
Ride Free, Alex!!!
1,422 Posts
:goof: He said "woody".... :goof:

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pics at last!

The bike is dirty so excuse the pics. I took it for a ride & it is a lot different. I posted a question on handling in the forum. I get back from the test ride & oil is blowing out of the derby cover. I didn't take the O ring off the old cover. I'm going to cut & powder coat the belt guard. I thought I would like the chrome but no dice.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts