Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding in my car today and while stopped at a light two riders pull up, one on a BMW and the other on a VRSCA. The V rider lifted the flip-up to speak with the other rider and to my delight I saw a well-seasoned female citizen with an enormous smile on her face. The gent on the BMW looked just as happy. I asked how she liked her ride and she raised an enthusiastic thumbs-up and told me that it was very smooth and that she loved it. Just before they rode off the man added that it was a beautiful ride.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Look at you openly Flirting with a another woman on the mean streets of Upstate NY, I had no idea you where a "Bean" (but now many of your threads make more sense).:stilpoke: So tell us what Windshield, Faring and Bag combo did she go for?

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upstate NY has a history of being a hotbed for women's rights. Women have been pushing limits here for years David. Have you been away from NY too long to remeber that or you simply just were not aware of the fact?

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
by "well seasoned" do you mean older? Anyway, I do not see very many women on bikes ever. I did ride with one last night though. I think there were maybe 8 or 9 of us on the ride and I was not the only girl. But on my daily commute, I never see anyone but guys. The one and only time I saw a female rider while headed to work was about a week ago. She seemed REALLY glad to see me on my bike. The guys all ride up next to me and wave but the girl made a bigger point of making sure I saw her waving. I guess she never see's other girl on the road either. It was nice. I think the V is a PERFECT bike for a woman. Not surprised the rider you saw was loving it.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Sniff Sniff.... I smell a hijack in progress.:D

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Kelley, a term some older friends seem to prefer over senior citizen, as the latter conjours images of nursing homes in their minds.
There are not too many women who ride there own up here either, so it is good to see others out there on the road. Add to that the fact that she riding a V. I thought, more power to her!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Biker Bill said:
Sniff Sniff.... I smell a hijack in progress.:D

Could be avoided, though, couldn't it?

Let's ask the question:
How many of us would imagine an older, short woman with a full head of white hair and a wrinkled face as a V-Rodder? It was wonderful to see, especially since she looked as happy as could be!

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Out riding today I saw at least a dozen female riders. Later at home a man and a woman come riding into my nieghborhood, she just got a new soft tail and was practicing slow turns in our culdesac.

I took my V out as they were stopped and we chatted, she asked to sit on my bike and she loved it! She was amazed at how nimble and balanced the bike was. No, I did not let her ride it :)

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
Diamond Lil said:

Let's ask the question:
How many of us would imagine an older, short woman with a full head of white hair and a wrinkled face as a V-Rodder? It was wonderful to see, especially since she looked as happy as could be!
Okay THAT is a much better description. Now I picture her. Well seasoned can mean a couple of things.

I imagine short women with wrinkled faces on V's all the time, (or wait, no, that's Daved, not a woman.) ;)

But yes. Donot see older ladies on bikes much. Woulda never thoughta one on a V. Very nice.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Diamond Lil said:

Let's ask the question:
Yes I can. As a matter of fact I can imagine a couple. My friends at Wengers! Kitty and her husband Lloyd and their friends. Although not many wrinkles but a little grey... Well what Lloyd has left anyway... Sorry Lloyd.:D BTW they all ride VR's

Here is a link to Lloyds site.http://www.wengers.com/rob/heislersdairyride.asp

First pic is of Kitty on the left and Lloyd on the right. Second pic is of my wife, Kitty and myself.

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Kelley said:
Okay THAT is a much better description. Now I picture her. Well seasoned can mean a couple of things.

I imagine short women with wrinkled faces on V's all the time, (or wait, no, that's Daved, not a woman.) ;)

But yes. Donot see older ladies on bikes much. Woulda never thoughta one on a V. Very nice.
Really? Pot----Kettle-----Wrinkled? So you saw Betty White riding a Vrod, whay kind of Windshield did she have? I remember Beaver Hunt in Easy Rider Mag as a Kid and they where always Leathery used up broads ( Kelly likes to refer to them as Girls, frigging waitresses with 5 kids showing off there "Goods" great role model) showing us what no one really wants to see, their built in "Leather Gloves" . Scarred me as a Youth that has actualu continued into my 30's now ( Hmm thats why the New Gurl is 24, now I get it!).
Anyways the "Woman" that Kelly is speaking of riding with Her last night was old enough to be Her Daughter, a quite attractive Tattooed Love Girl on a Very Impressive Honda She works on HErself. so Don't be going around making like you where riding around with Rue McClanahan you Golden Oldie.

And to answer "Lil" Yes I do remember the Openess of NY State, almost put the whole state in banckruptcy in the 80's. Anyways I see plenty of Girls riding, The ones I know ride Sport Bikes more than HD's, The club I frequent has 2 waitresses, very beautiful 24 year olds that Love to ride here in backwards California, now where is that Lynichin' tree.

Balius. You need to stop Stalking the young Girls on bikes, the occassional "Run In" is going to become more often and quite obvious Quickly you DIrty Old Man. So thats the REAL reason ypu wear a Full Face Helmet and full Armour. Hmmmmm I am calling the CHP and Gloria Steineim.

Kelley said:
I did ride with one last night though. I think there were maybe 8 or 9 of us on the ride and I was not the only girl. The guys all ride up next to me and wave but the girl made a bigger point of making sure I saw her waving. I guess she never see's other girl on the road either. It was nice. I think the V is a PERFECT bike for a woman. Not surprised the rider you saw was loving it.
Wow you keep using the word Girl to describe everyone from the 20 something from yesterday to YOU, when does the Girl term no longer apply? If She is a Girl and so are You than we need some New words quick because now you are saying that Other Girls wave to you etc... are these "Girls" 50 years old? Dont give me any of that "Your as young as you feel " crap either, a slogan made up by middle aged divorced woman. Almost as insulting as calling someone "50 years Young" is=nstead of "50 years Old". So tell me Maude, what do we call Girls now that you have taken their description?

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
luxlamf said:
Balius. You need to stop Stalking the young Girls on bikes, the occassional "Run In" is going to become more often and quite obvious Quickly you DIrty Old Man. So thats the REAL reason ypu wear a Full Face Helmet and full Armour. Hmmmmm I am calling the CHP and Gloria Steineim.
Actually she was older than me ;) I like girls my own age so they actually know that Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull are bands and not people :)

As I remember you chase the young girls. Sounds like an interesting way to go, get a date and get paid for babysitting :stilpoke:

Now as for the full face helmet and armor, yup, hiding one goofy old mug under all that gear :D

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
luxlamf said:
So tell me Maude, what do we call Girls now that you have taken their description?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I can't get youtube here at work but, yes I remember.:laugh:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Diamond Lil said:

Let's ask the question:
You saw Ted Knight on a V-rod?
"Al Czervik: Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though."

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
luxlamf said:
You saw Ted Knight on a V-rod?
"Al Czervik: Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh, it looks good on you though."

How about that matching plate??

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
luxlamf said:
His upper plate!! Come on... goes with the soup bowl...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts