Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the exact dimensional differences between the '06 and '07 R bars? Anybody put the '07s on their '06? Is the '07 R bar the same as the Night Rod Special bar,P/N 56981-07? Thanks, Chris

·
Hale=Yes
343 Posts
How about, No, Yes, and, I am not sure. In that order. I run the 07 bars with a Corbin close seat and Rizoma mid controls on my 06. I like the set up and it fit's me vary well, I am 5'10" and 190 lbs. I hope that helps. Ed...

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
The 07 bars require either the 07 front brake hose or a new replacement. I swapped with Philthy a few years back, worth it. The 07 are 2 - 2 1/2" wider and black not chrome.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Does anyone have the exact dimensional differences between the '06 and '07 R bars? Anybody put the '07s on their '06? Is the '07 R bar the same as the Night Rod Special bar,P/N 56981-07? Thanks, Chris

Per Jethro, the "07 has 2 1/2 inch wider bars than the '06 R, and the DX has different bars still. The '07 R used a longer front brake hose. Not sure if a DX brake hose would work because of the different routing and the more rearward placement of the R's handlebar clamp mounting holes on the top clamp relative to those of the DX. The DX's hose runs in front of the triple clamp (at least my friend's does) and the R's runs through a hole in the top clamp.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gracias, fellows. I did more research and found: The Nightrod uses the same bend as the '07R. The part number mentioned is shown in the H-D system as a stock '07 R bar and also as the SE replacement to turn your Nightrod bars into black ones. Thus, I derive the stock NR bar in polished stainless will be the same bend as the '07R. I don't want black so that's good. I would like to shorten them closer to the '06 width. Can't go to far due to the cable dimples. Maybe .750 per side? How much mismatch is there from the '06 hyd line to the '07 bars?

Why is the search function of this forum so useless?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
empirical data

I was incorrect. I shortened the bars about .800 inch each side and they fit fine. No line changes at all! P/N is 56953-07. Same bend as the '07R but polished not black. Just had to make sure the brake line is on the outboard side of the tree slot. The change is subtle but fits much better for me. The slight rise increase puts a little bend in my elbows and the mirrors work better too.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
How much over the .800 off each side could one realistically leave on the end of the bars for the stock lines/cables to still work? Are the '07 R bars higher or just wider or both?

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Both

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got done with the bar swap. I too took .800 off each end. I have yet to ride. Will do that tomorrow but yes, the change is subtle but enough to take some pressure off the mitts from just sitting on it in the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts