Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove my stock handlebars but can't figure out how to remove the bolt next to the steering lock. I cant get a socket on it due to the steering lock. I want to put spacers on it to raise the handlebar height as described on previous posts. How did you guys do it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I took my handlebars off about 9 months ago to fit a new set from Burleigh. From what I remember pulling the steering over fully to the right gives enough space to get a socket or spanner in. At the time I also thought it was impossible to do, but possible it is and with a bit of patience you will get there my friend.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I ended up taking off the headlight and turned it to the right and it was much easier. I raised the stock bars slightly with spacers and can still use the detatchable windshield.

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
I will have pics and what I did to my Muscle.
I had a custom 1.5 inch spacer made for mine and modified the cover in the front by the headlight and also had longer cables made for the bike as well.
Stay tuned for my update here soon.

Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only raised mine 1/2" or so but I can feel a difference when on the bike. If I go higher I dont think I can use the windshield w/o mods. Not the best answer, but ez and cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts