Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
!CHROME
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw a thread a while back comparing some handlebars, but I can't seem to find it. I figured I would share my current and past bars with others in case they are looking for a comparison. I ended up swapping out tonight to a set of Iron Sportsters to give me more of an upright stance. Below are pictures of stock DX, X bars (powdercoated gloss black), and Iron Sportster.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ooo i like this thread, I bought my bike used, the guy said they were AW bars...but they most certainly are not. They sure are comfortable, angled back a bit but I can't seem to figure out what model they are!!!

·
!CHROME
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooo i like this thread, I bought my bike used, the guy said they were AW bars...but they most certainly are not. They sure are comfortable, angled back a bit but I can't seem to figure out what model they are!!!
Interesting. They might be stock DX bars. Snap a pic and post it up.

P.S. I was 1st Marine Division as well. 3rd Battalion 1st Marines to be exact. I was out before you were in though. Semper Fi brother!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Interesting. They might be stock DX bars. Snap a pic and post it up.

P.S. I was 1st Marine Division as well. 3rd Battalion 1st Marines to be exact. I was out before you were in though. Semper Fi brother!
I don't have the stock's at my house for comparison they are at a family members in IL. But here is 2 pics! I was with HQBN, was in a field mp victor unit....3/1 is over in horno i believe? S**t windy range over there. Semper Fi.

Attachments

·
!CHROME
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the stock's at my house for comparison they are at a family members in IL. But here is 2 pics! I was with HQBN, was in a field mp victor unit....3/1 is over in horno i believe? S**t windy range over there. Semper Fi.
Not sure what bars those are. Maybe older Sportster bars?

Yep, Horno it was. Right next to Recon Ridge. Good times.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Woodcraft Clip-Ons

Had the HD "reach bars" installed at stealer - rode them about 5 miles and swapped the stockers back on as soon as I got home (not a matter of "getting used to them", just didn't care for the ergonomics). Swapped the silvers stockers for black (wires through bars - FUN FUN FUN), then put the Woodcrafts on a couple of weeks ago.

They're my favorites so far...

Rick

·
Registered
225 Posts
Woodcraft Clip-Ons

Had the HD "reach bars" installed at stealer - rode them about 5 miles and swapped the stockers back on as soon as I got home (not a matter of "getting used to them", just didn't care for the ergonomics). Swapped the silvers stockers for black (wires through bars - FUN FUN FUN), then put the Woodcrafts on a couple of weeks ago.

They're my favorites so far...

Rick
What do you have holding your iphone there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts