Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....Im looking for a set of risers for my 2015 muscle maybe 1" up and 1" Back . Any recommendations ? And would I need to change out cables and pipes ?

Thanks .

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
I have a couple options. I have the Budman riser that moves the bars up and back about 3 inches for the Muscle handlebars and uses factory cables. I also have the handlebars mount/riser off of an newer NRS if you want to change your bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys....Im looking for a set of risers for my 2015 muscle maybe 1" up and 1" Back . Any recommendations ? And would I need to change out cables and pipes ?
Every come up with something? I would also like 1" up and back... but no more than that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would love a riser for a F with 1inch height and no pull back. Something that looks like it was made that way. I just want to drop forks down an inch. I can only find budman riser, but that has pullback.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would love a riser for a F with 1inch height and no pull back. Something that looks like it was made that way. I just want to drop forks down an inch. I can only find budman riser, but that has pullback.
You thinking slide the forks down that 1 inch showing on the top?

That may get me half way there... thanks

·
Departed the Fix.
5,207 Posts
Nowadays? The Budman riser is the only real option, and it puts the bars *very* close to where the old H-D Reduced Reach bars & riser kit for the F put them.

Hanny used to make what you want, but I don't think he's on the forum anymore?

Basically, it was a rectangular piece of billet aluminum with two holes drilled through it that bolted between the triple tree and the stock bars. There was also a little carbon fiber cover that he fabricated to cover the wiring gap.

I don't remember the sizes, although I tried both and got rid of them shortly thereafter. I think 1.5 and 2.25 inches were the dimensions in height?

The Budman was better hands-down in all categories: better feel, better look, better fit and finish.

No relation, but imho, the Budman riser is the SINGLE best thing you can do to the F.

Failing that, you might put a post in the "Wanted" section for a Hanny's riser-- someone might have one gathering dust somewhere.

R.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Budman was better hands-down in all categories: better feel, better look, better fit and finish.
Thank you. I will look into it. When riding I just feel like the bars are 1" too far forward to be comfortable.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,207 Posts
Here's something I posted back in 2017-- it might be of interest to you.....

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4574809&postcount=3

Here are some numbers that you might be interested in:

Stock handlebars (part #56012-09):
Tip to tip: 31.75"
Rise: 6.00"
Pullback: 4.12"

Muscle Riser & Clamp Kit (part #55900008) for 1" diameter bar:
Height: 1.2"
Pull-back: 0.6"
WITH-
1" Reduced Reach Handlebar (part #57466-10):
Tip to tip: 28.80"
Base width: 7.00"
Pullback: 6.25"
Knurl, center to center: 3.14"
Rise, tip to base, outside: 5.70"

So, adding this up, you'd get an approximate rise of 6.9" and pullback of 6.85" with the bars being about 3" narrower than stock (i.e. 1.5" on either side).

Budman's 2.5" pullback riser (goes back AND up):
Rise (approximate): 6.75"
Pullback (approximate): 6.62"

These numbers have been more or less confirmed by Budman-- his riser brings the bars back about as far as they can go without having to change out the clutch and brake cables.

Overall, the H-D reduced reach kit for the F and Budman's do very close to the same thing-- the reduced reach kit has a bit narrower bar width, so that gives you the ability to move the bar back a tiny bit more. The tradeoff is that you lose the cool looking stock F bars and end up with boring "regular" bars.

If you're interested in Hanny's (which I believe is out of production), you get either 1.25" RISE ONLY or 1.75" RISE ONLY. Basically, they're just a piece of polished bar stock with two holes drilled into it. Imho, the Budman is a much more finished looking product, and gives you rise AND pullback.

I tried both of Hanny's risers back in the day and they didn't do it for me-- the pullback (which Hanny's didn't provide) was the key to success. The difference between the two Hanny's and Budman's was pretty damn significant-- to the point where I was just about to sell the bike until I tried Budman's.

True story: I was stopped at my local BMW dealer a month or so ago and parked next to a guy who had a brand-new F. We played "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" and he checked out the riding position on my bike. Admittedly, I have a Bitchin' seat, but he was boggled by the difference in feel (he loved it)-- and he simply could not figure out what made the bike feel so much different in comparison to his stocker. He couldn't figure out the Budman riser-- even when I pointed it out. When it's installed with the late-model DX visor, it looks absolutely stock.

I've had techs (and yes, I use that term loosely) at the H-D dealership be confused as well-- they know the bike feels a lot better than stock, but they can't figure out why.

The Budman is THAT good.

Best money you can spend on your bike, imho.

R.

PS: I you do decide on the Budman and you want to use the stock F windshield, you'll need Budman's extension kit. If you use the late-model DX visor, you'll still need Budman's upper extensions, but you'll have to fabricate longer mounts for the lower windshield mounts. Not a biggie if you can figure out which end of a file or grinder to use.

R.

PPS: I don't have a dog in the fight, but having seen, installed and tested Budman's and both of Hanny's risers, I sort of question the OP's statement about pricing. Budman took the time to figure out how to design and build something that looked great on the bike and provided rise AND pullback. Hanny basically took a piece of bar stock, drilled two holes in it, polished it up and put the risers up for sale. And the fit on the bike was.... adequate, but you could really tell that you'd stuck a big chunk of metal between the triple trees and the bars. They just didn't fit that well.

In this instance? I think you get what you pay for. Budman took the time to design something that really fit the F, solved a problem the bike had and made it look good doing it; he should make a reasonable profit for his time and effort.

Just my 0.02. Rant: Off.

R.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,207 Posts
One more-- this one's from 2014.....

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3531938&postcount=4

As promised--

Stock VRSCF handlebars (part #56012-09):
Tip to tip: 31.75"
Rise: 6.00"
Pullback: 4.12"

===========================================

Burleigh Bars 1 3/4" Muscle bar:
Height: 4-1/2" to base, 6-1/4" to top
Width: 32.00"
Rise: 6.00”
Pullback: 10.00"

VRSCF "Reduced Reach" handlebars and riser:
1" Reduced Reach Handlebar (part #57466-10):
Tip to tip: 28.80"
Base width: 7.00"
Pullback: 6.25"
Knurl, center to center: 3.14"
Rise, tip to base, outside: 5.70"

Muscle Riser & Clamp Kit (part #55900008) for 1" diameter bar:
Height: 1.2"
Pull-back: 0.6"

Adding the two of these up, you get an approximate rise of 6.9" and pullback of 6.85" with the bars being about 3" narrower than stock (i.e. 1.5" on either side).

Budman's 2.5" pullback riser (numbers approximate, but very close as confirmed by Budman):
Approximate rise of 6.75" and a pullback of 6.62" when measured with stock VRSCF handlebars. No cable replacement required. Note that these numbers are very close to the H-D "Reduced Reach" setup, but you get to keep your stock bars. If you go much further than these numbers, you'll start having replace brake and/or clutch cables.

Hanny's 1.25" and 1.75" risers are rise ONLY, so minimal pullback.

GR Customs: All over the map, depending on bar selection. If you use their clamp setup, there are a fair number of handlebars you can chose from:

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index....y&path=297_310

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index....roduct_id=1462

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index....th=297_310_372

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index....th=297_310_175

Here's somewhere else to look for bars: http://www.wild1inc.com/

Here's the original thread for reference. Ignore the blather about the windscreen-- that idea didn't pan out. https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthr...light=burleigh

R.

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
I just finished putting apes on my Muscle a couple months ago. If you’re interested, I’ll sell you my Budman riser. $200 to your door if you’re stateside. Just shoot me a PM.

I’m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last one-- sort of a deep dive into numbers......
Thank you much, I will look through those specs and review the suggested options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts