Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a Little expert advise on which set of handelbars will give me a wider stance and pull back a few inches .... MAX I KNOW YOU HAVE THE ANSWER.....:cheers:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Don't know about the wider stance, the V-Rod bars are already pretty wide, but HD makes reduced reach handle bars for the VRSCA that bting them back about 2". The VRSCB can use any normal 1" handlebar.

The other option would be to convert to the VRSCB riser but I don't know it you would also have to update the gauge cluster?

Mark

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
check out my bike on the airbox guage post. or see it in the photo album. It is under npicklo. those are1 1/4"

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Ricky G. I went the other way, I really like the way the drag bars make the bike feel. They are wider but farther forward not back. I used the HD bars but would have liked to try a set of Ricks and Chopper Steve did not have his out yet or I would have tried a set of his.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
tried to get you my old set but he was not given um UP!:(

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max said:
Ricky G. I went the other way, I really like the way the drag bars make the bike feel. They are wider but farther forward not back. I used the HD bars but would have liked to try a set of Ricks and Chopper Steve did not have his out yet or I would have tried a set of his.

Max
Max ...More comfort or just look better... Im 6 ft and long arms ....

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Both Ricky, the bars farther forward let me sit straight up rather then leaning back. The looks are hard to tell the difference until you see the two types side by side but when you ride the bike it feels much better with much better leverage at low speeds. I'm 6'3" with extremely long arms but even Jeannie at 5'8" likes the drag bars better as well.

Max

·
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The drag bars...Easy install....?

·
Avenger Hawk
635 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread I'm trying to find more info in an old one.

Ricky G. did you change your bars? If yes what did you get?

Does anyone know if the wires can be concealed in the drag bars from v-mod.com

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Rick the HD drag bars are easy to install. I asked my dealer at first about it and ended up doing it in less time then they said it would take. I think I was done in a hour and half or so. The nice part also about the Hd bars is that your wires are on the inside of the bar. Cleans things up nice. Also at this time if you have not yet, this is a good time to change your grips also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts