Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm up in MD and my hands freeze in the cold weather. Looking for some hand guard wind protectors. Can't seem to find anything that will fit let alone not look fugly. Anyone ran into this problem before?

·
Departed the Fix.
5,207 Posts
I put Head Demon's on my wife' Nightster and she loved them so much I put them on my F.

HIGHLY recommended. I didn't really believe they could get as hot as they do, going through the handlebar and the grip, but I was impressed. Really impressed.

BUT (and this is from experience)- do NOT install the Heat Demon's with a G2 Quarter Turn throttle. The plastic used is NOT heat tolerant and Bad Things will occur.

If you have regular grips though-- knock yourself out. It's only the quarter turn insert that'll screw you.

There is a solution if you want both though. PM me if you're interested.

R.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
National Cycle makes some for some of the Softtail models that will fit directly on the brake side. Not the clutch side as purchased. I had to make a new bracket to mount that side. Probably not an option for someone with no tools or materials but it worked for me.
They didn't offer any for the V-Rod models but it seems to me that some of the new big twin bikes are using a hydraulic clutch and it's possible that those would mount directly as they use the mirror mounting holes to attach. The link below is to the Softtail model I ordered years ago just so you can see what they look like.
http://www.nationalcycle.com/n5543.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use velcro snowmobile mittens in cold winters, designed to slide entire hand, so warm I regularly don’t wear cloves when using them. and easy to remove when don’t need. They velcro around mirror and all controls. sorry don’t remember the brand, got them online

·
joeweller60
5 Posts
Heated grips are very nice. Heated gloves or glove liners are even better as they heat the entire hand.

As for covers, Hippo Hands or the like are claimed effective.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts