Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
The problem is when most people do this "I beat this guy" threads, its usually the rider not the bike you beat.
Exactly. I also notice that anyone who says "Nice Bike" is considered a genius and scholar and anyone who says they don't like is a moron and an idiot.
3 oldmen eating Lil Debbies snack cakes at the Fuel n' Go say "Hey I like that, never saw anything like that before" 3 Geniuses (story of course turns into "While getting gas today 3 guys came up and wanted to know what I was riding and loved it")
A guy who fixes or sells or knows bikes tells you why he doesnt like your bike, well he is an idiot of course.

Then there is my Favorite who like to go on and on about how people on "Expensive Bikes" just buy them to show off and looking for attention. But minutes later the same say "I love this bike, it gets a lot of attention everywhere I go"

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
The problem is when most people do this "I beat this guy" threads, its usually the rider not the bike you beat.
Ya, There are those that have track time that can be a real challenge. But the #s are max performance and the numbers prove that the VROD takes the win here. In this advertisement they are only hinting that the bike is comparable to the VROD there aren't any full claims that it beats the VROD just that it has more torque and displacement LOL. If I didn't know what I do know about the VROD and I hated Harley this advertisement might actually swing me in the direction of that bike. It is pretty good looking after all.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Ya, There are those that have track time that can be a real challenge. But the #s are max performance and the numbers prove that the VROD takes the win here. In this advertisement they are only hinting that the bike is comparable to the VROD there aren't any full claims that it beats the VROD just that it has more torque and displacement LOL. If I didn't know what I do know about the VROD and I hated Harley this advertisement might actually swing me in the direction of that bike. It is pretty good looking after all.
The combination of balls and skills on the street is rare, let alone a place to actually do a run, a fair run not one guy guns it and the other follows suite type crap or the old "ambush". Not that it does not happen, but it's rare on the street. Guys with track-time generally know better. So all this talk is just that. Who the fock buys either bike to boast about HP anyway? Kind of a joke considering there are 180 hp bikes available for much less.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
This is total nonsense. A 0-60 of 4.66 seconds is disgraceful, so they should keep quiet, and for all the banging on about "power", what they actually quote is torque, which is only useful for fat idiots wobbling about terrified of the rev counter.

A V-Rod is by no stretch of the imagination a quick bike, but it urinates from a great height over this hideous, lazy, under-powered agricultural farm implement.

4-66 seconds indeed! And boasting about it! I've driven cars that are quicker than that!

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I'm.done.with bikes with forward controls. Every ergonamic.doctor will.tell you its bad for your spine.

Sent from my motorcycle while riding.

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
This is total nonsense. A 0-60 of 4.66 seconds is disgraceful, so they should keep quiet, and for all the banging on about "power", what they actually quote is torque, which is only useful for fat idiots wobbling about terrified of the rev counter.
.......4-66 seconds indeed! And boasting about it! ......
A fool and his money are quickly parted

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I'm.done.with bikes with forward controls. Every ergonamic.doctor will.tell you its bad for your spine.

Sent from my motorcycle while riding.
Easy for you to say !

I am 6'6" tall. My knees are right at the top of the airbox cover on my VRSCDX-A. I have to spread my legs out to do parking lot maneuvers, otherwise the bars will hit my knees...

My wife's A was never a problem since the riser was so high, but these DX's with the low bars.....life in the motorcycle world is tough for us elongated folks :D

41 - 48 of 48 Posts