Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Ran a buddy's Hammer on my V from a 20-roll a few weeks ago and it wasn't even close...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I recall I almost bought a hammer, seriously, had it all squared away. And then I've came across that video that started all this. A little more u tube searching showed that victory people r sad liars so..I'm here! As an afterthought I too smoked a local 8 ball (i think) and he prided himself as a Harley killa ). Sounds like a good thread starter -
Have u smoked an 8 ball today? Haha!

coward dies a thousand times

·
Registered
455 Posts
I too almost bought a victory hammer or jackpot. Then I saw the Muscle....dual discs up front, still a fat tire, smaller motor-but liquid cooled and geared totally different!! oh yeah...and ABS!! no contest!!

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Anyone notice that these guys have that "superior" attitude because they were smarter, they shunned HD and bought a Victory? I've had a few victory guys attempt to "talk bikes" and it always goes bad, and quickly, always goes to: well HD this and Victory that shite. I seriously could give a fock what anyone else rides but these azzholes are just clueless and won't let it go. The fact that someone has a different brand or style bike should be enough but they want to educate ya on the finer points of Victory. But alas, they are equally ignorant as to the V-rod's capabilities.....as are most.
Then again, I've noticed more and more V-Rods at events lately and a lot of the same attitudes going on. Then come on the forum and cry about the air-cooled gang!

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
That video of of the Kawasaki vs Suzuki was incredible. 9.78 & 10.15 stock of the showroom floor, no mods, not even slip on cans. Just amazing!

The Victory video is a great marketing piece. If you didn't know better you might believe it.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I think the victories air cooled motors are nicer when compared to Harley's air cooled motors but the v rod is greater than the Hammer for sure! Both in performance and styling.
Oh, I have to differ here. The big bore 110 c.i. with Screamin' Eagle racing heads available on Harley's CVO's are awesome motors...

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Oh, I have to differ here. The big bore 110 c.i. with Screamin' Eagle racing heads available on Harley's CVO's are awesome motors...
What is that like 1800 cc's? They are grossly over stroked and badly under built in terms of strength and reliability. Huge displacement but still relatively slow and will eventually leak and/or break. The 110 is approximate 50% bigger than the original 74" shovel which was a bad design to begin with and they just keep punching it out and punching it out with a combination of lengthening the stroke and enlarging the bore/pistons. It's basically getting radical in my opinion. I find the "racing heads" amusing.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
What is that like 1800 cc's? They are grossly over stroked and badly under built in terms of strength and reliability. Huge displacement but still relatively slow and will eventually leak and/or break. The 110 is approximate 50% bigger than the original 74" shovel which was a bad design to begin with and they just keep punching it out and punching it out with a combination of lengthening the stroke and enlarging the bore/pistons. It's basically getting radical in my opinion. I find the "racing heads" amusing.
I find it amusing that within the HD community there are two sides: V-Rod and air-cooled, and both sides think the other is incapable of high performance relative to to their respective catagories of cruiser, or a quality build. It's stunning how misinformed one side is compared to the other.

Slow is a VERY relative term. Leak? I have had 3 V-Rods and the rear jug cylinder heads have leaked on all three of them. I have had a 110 and a 103 big bore and neither of them have ever leaked or had any motor issues whatsoever, after a combined 92k miles, not to mention at least 10 build issues on my two 2012's right off the showroom floor. Point is, quality issues are going to occur on either type of HD.

Back to the thread, however, I certainly agree though that from an overall performance perspective, no question the V-Rod Revo motor is superior to the Hammer in virtually all aspects.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I rode them both. The V-Rod shifted much more smoothly and tracked better through the turns. Victory was good but just didn't inspire me like the V-Rod did. My $.02.
Same here. I rode a Hammer in Vegas-they were having a demo weekend at a dealer tha I ran across my accident in my travels out there. Felt "top heavy" to me in the corners, and I felt like I was sitting on top of the bike, and not down in it like the V-Rod.

Also, the front brake did not inspire confidence with "spirited" riding. Now that could have been pure over use from folks riding them all day long.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As many have stated... I looked at both bikes before purchasing my VRod. The Hammer has some esthetic appeal (for me), but in an actual test ride environment the VRod was the clear winner. The Hammer was low on performance.

I also ride race bikes (Honda RC30 & VF1000R), so often I push cruisers a little hard in the corners and the Hammer did not inspire confidence. Just one riders unprofessional opinion.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I find it amusing that within the HD community there are two sides: V-Rod and air-cooled, and both sides think the other is incapable of high performance relative to to their respective catagories of cruiser, or a quality build. It's stunning how misinformed one side is compared to the other.

Slow is a VERY relative term. Leak? I have had 3 V-Rods and the rear jug cylinder heads have leaked on all three of them. I have had a 110 and a 103 big bore and neither of them have ever leaked or had any motor issues whatsoever, after a combined 92k miles, not to mention at least 10 build issues on my two 2012's right off the showroom floor. Point is, quality issues are going to occur on either type of HD.

Back to the thread, however, I certainly agree though that from an overall performance perspective, no question the V-Rod Revo motor is superior to the Hammer in virtually all aspects.
Well hell it is a "real" Harley! Yes, The air-cooled gang in general is very uninformed regarding the V and/or simply don't give a shite. Visa verse, maybe as well.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
I like the way they styled it after the VROD. The rear fender looks like it will fit lol. My buddy has an 1800 VTX, He totally launches of the line better than me, its a hard battle ALL the way to 25-30MPH, Then he has to shift and I don't, PASSED, He falls behind progressively all the way up to about 60 and then its just unfair... LOL The Hammer I ran against ran almost exactly the same way. He was so pissed that he wouldn't even stop and talk to me about it HAHA. All joking aside the hammer is a strong bike However I don't believe that they are charging that much for it. Maybe that 8 Ball but not the standard one. Its not worth it. Just my experience. My bud with the VTX has a brother who rides with us and who saw this commercial, He rides a shadow 1100 now and wants the Hammer REAL bad cuz he thinks it will stomp me, I haven't told him that I already ran against one.... I cant wait to see his face....

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
The problem is when most people do this "I beat this guy" threads, its usually the rider not the bike you beat.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts