Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross the 500 mile mark on a beautiful afternoon ride. It's sunny and in the 70s here finally so I cut out of work a little early and put in a few hours on my DX. A K&N Filter is in the garage and the Tabs slash cuts and a Dobeck fueler will be here on Monday!!:D Just gotta put another 450 miles on her and then the 1000 mile check up and here come the mods. Actually changed the oil today at 450 miles and then will switch to synthtic oil at the 1000 mark. I'll probably just go with the SE oil for the first time and then maybe to Mobile One when I start doing it myself.

Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful again so I'll at least clock up a few hundred more miles.:)

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,426 Posts
Sounds like your enjoying the new wheels. Keep on riding . :moped:

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Wow, nicer there than here in So Cal... We didn't even hit 70 today :banghead:

Enjoy racking up those miles, it is as much fun after 5,000 as it was after 500 ;)

Be safe out there :)

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
sounds awesome!.....im catching up,I got about 430 on mine now only rode it a few days so far!...this bike is awesome!...im riding now in 50 degree weather cause I want to get those miles on!...man its chilly with a half helmet!..

I was thinking the same thing...a quick oil change soon,and refill with DINO oil....then,at 1000miles go to the amsoil.....Im making sure those rings seat good too!....lol

which dobeck you going with?..Gen2 or Gen3....Im leaning toward Gen3 myself.....i dont think there is much difference in cost between them either.

Im going with a thunderheader too!....man i cannot wait!

Dan

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOS-DAN said:
which dobeck you going with?..Gen2 or Gen3....Im leaning toward Gen3 myself.....i dont think there is much difference in cost between them either.
Dan
Well Dan I just don't really know. Tabs are already on the way and I have to call George back on Monday to let him know what tuner I want. I talked to him about the Gen II & III yesterday but I'm still on the fence. Both systems pretty much do away with the O2 and you can do a little more with the Gen III so I may go that route but the II seems a little easier to use. I really wanted a PCIII so I may go with the cheaper Gen II and get the PCIII after they come out. I really don't plan on doing much more then the filter and exhaust so I think any of them will do what I need. Well I'm going to do the Progressive suspension soon but no tuner needed for that. LOL

It'll be in the 50s when I set out tomorrow so once I stop at the Harley shop and defrost my brain with some coffee I'll have plenty of time to think about it.:D

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Paul DX said:
Well Dan I just don't really know. Tabs are already on the way and I have to call George back on Monday to let him know what tuner I want. I talked to him about the Gen II & III yesterday but I'm still on the fence. Both systems pretty much do away with the O2 and you can do a little more with the Gen III so I may go that route but the II seems a little easier to use. I really wanted a PCIII so I may go with the cheaper Gen II and get the PCIII after they come out. I really don't plan on doing much more then the filter and exhaust so I think any of them will do what I need. Well I'm going to do the Progressive suspension soon but no tuner needed for that. LOL

It'll be in the 50s when I set out tomorrow so once I stop at the Harley shop and defrost my brain with some coffee I'll have plenty of time to think about it.:D
Paul...keep me posted..Im interested to see which TFI you use and what it cost ya....I thought the GEN3 still utilized the 02 sensors???.....manolo seems to like his but I havent talked to him yet about the 02 sensors...I did know the GEN2 worked around the 02s.....

I actually like the idea of simple tuneablity of these boxes VS pc111.....loading maps is fine but then are dependant more on a good map and ofcourse your laptop hooking up to bike when needing changes....guys with TFI all seem to like the "tweakability" of the TFI,either with a quick turn of screw or buttons of the GEN3.

and I think they can be as much as 100 less then pc111....if you find them at a good price...not sure what George gets for them direct from dobeck,but make sure you tell him youre a member here 1130cc...

keep me posted and thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm taking mine in for 1st service today. Man it's hard but I think I will hold out even longer until some one releases an 08 2 into 1.

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NOS-DAN said:
Paul...keep me posted..Im interested to see which TFI you use and what it cost ya....I thought the GEN3 still utilized the 02 sensors???.....manolo seems to like his but I havent talked to him yet about the 02 sensors...I did know the GEN2 worked around the 02s.....

I actually like the idea of simple tuneablity of these boxes VS pc111.....loading maps is fine but then are dependant more on a good map and ofcourse your laptop hooking up to bike when needing changes....guys with TFI all seem to like the "tweakability" of the TFI,either with a quick turn of screw or buttons of the GEN3.

and I think they can be as much as 100 less then pc111....if you find them at a good price...not sure what George gets for them direct from dobeck,but make sure you tell him youre a member here 1130cc...

keep me posted and thanks!
Dan
Well after almost 4 hours in the saddle today I'm still undecided. Honestly it was such a beautiful day I forgot to even think about it. LOL I'll make a decision by Monday and let you know what I'm going to do. The Gen III doesn't have a O2 bypass like the II does but according to George it still doesn't look at it. At retail both the Gen II & III are the same price since you have to buy the docking unit with the III. I'm a dealer for Dobeck so I can get you a good deal on the Gen II but the IIIs are like $250 I think. I'll keep ya updated. 700 miles on the clock now so I'm getting close but I wont be able to ride tomorrow.:mad:

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My out of town trip canceled today so more riding for me. 910 miles now!!!! Looks like the mods will be on sooner then I thought.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cool. I put the first 1k on mine in the first weekend I had it. I love getting the compliments and attention over other bikes. Ride on!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts