Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't see what I'm gonna ask......SO!

I really like a half/open-face for hotter days. Just sold my half because it just wasn't doing it for me.

I really like the Cromwell Spitfire, but can't seem to find one any place.
Also the Nexx X60 is pretty cool and the Scorpion EXO-100 isn't too bad either (my FF is the EXO-1000)

The "typical" half/shorty isn't on my radar really.

So, show me what ya got (pics) and where did you get it......(this isn't a debate of FF vs. Open vs. Half. Or if you wear one or not).

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I did love my MoMo, but my head is too big for it. Nexx also makes great lids

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
When I use a half helm, I go with Bell Drifter

·
Registered
88 Posts
......(this isn't a debate of FF vs. Open vs. Half. Or if you wear one or not).
I'll try not to make it into a FF vs Open vs 1/2 but I did want to say that I bought a Shark Evoline Series 2 a couple months ago and I love this helmet. Feels better than typical modulars and it really looks/feels like a true 1/2 helmet when it's flipped open. You can ride closed or open without issues and it's got a decent internal visor too. They are kinda pricey but revzilla has some on sale last I checked:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shark-evoline-absolute-helmet?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Helmet&utm_keyword=shark-evoline-absolute-helmet#[172]nR1zVdGNgxI

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That Shark is pretty sweet.
I looked at it a while back, but couldn't afford one.

·
F'd up
273 Posts
I like the agv blade 3/4. Apologies if the picture fails to post as they usually don't.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'll try not to make it into a FF vs Open vs 1/2 but I did want to say that I bought a Shark Evoline Series 2 a couple months ago and I love this helmet. Feels better than typical modulars and it really looks/feels like a true 1/2 helmet when it's flipped open. You can ride closed or open without issues and it's got a decent internal visor too. They are kinda pricey but revzilla has some on sale last I checked:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shark-evoline-absolute-helmet?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Helmet&utm_keyword=shark-evoline-absolute-helmet#[172]nR1zVdGNgxI
Frican amazing...I never saw such an animal

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the agv blade 3/4. Apologies if the picture fails to post as they usually don't.

Wow!
That Blade looks pretty bad-a$$!!!
The AGV Dragon looks nice as well.

·
F'd up
273 Posts
It's a great helmet, but I still feel a little like Marvin the Martian.

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
shoei X-12 glory 2 FF, even with all the vents, it still gets hot in South Louisiana, but fits great. bought a 3/4 HJC in Nevada for $99, but it loosened up after a month or two and pops up when I am going over 70 mph.

Attachments

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just bid on a Scorpion EXO-100 ($50).
I tried them on and yeah, it's kinda "cop-ish", but for $50, I'm ok with that risk to try it out.

I tried on that Shark......that's a nice helmet.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I think the Shoei X-11 has the best ventilation for warm weather of any FF helmet I've ever owned. I do have a MoCo HH (mfg by HJC) that I wear sometimes...

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the Shoei X-11 has the best ventilation for warm weather of any FF helmet I've ever owned. I do have a MoCo HH (mfg by HJC) that I wear sometimes...
Yeah, my Scorpion EXO-1000 isn't the best for hot days.
I was real close to buying the Givi X0-1. And I still might.
It converts to a bunch of different configurations.
Can-Am sells it here in the States as their helmet.

·
Sock Monkey Express
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you can get a cromwell spitfire here
http://www.designerhelmets.com/prodlist.php?cat=Cromwell&prod=Spitfire

this is another great place for helmets, but not cheap. just a lot of selection
http://www.openfacehelmets.co.uk/
That openfacehelmet site is unreal!
Lots there!!!

I just found the designerhelmet site myself. But thanks! That Cromwell is a bit pricey. And they don't seem to have black.
Might send them an e-mail.

I did pick up a pretty much new Scorpion EXO-100 for $50 just to try.
If I don't like it I may just suck it up and get a Cromwell or Momo or something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts