Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just visited Hales HD in Mansfield, OH and ordered over $500 worth of Special Order V-Rod parts and apparantly only received a discount of 10%. When I was at the counter the guy said he had "Hooked Me Up" with the discount. What is their discount? I was under the impression (from other posts here) that the discount was 20%.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
I was thinking that was only for on-line orders. I could be wrong.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Cheatin said:
I always get 20% when I call direct.
But you're Cheatin!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
No on-line orders, but it should be 20% by phone. You shoulda stood there and called him on your cell phone.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I thought the 20% was for outta state.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Yep, they say you must call with your own part numbers in order to get the 20% discount. Now even though they give a 20% discount, you might also check with Zanotti because their discount sometimes equals out to more than 20%. With Zanotti you can plug in your part numbers online and get your price day or night, whereas you have to wait until Haleshd is open to give them the part numbers.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
I called them 3 weeks ago they said they never did it, even though I got it last summer.Their service dept. has even more :bs: for you. Hales is my local dealer and alot of people around here wont even put on there shirts.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I have to say I dealt with hales on some of my engine gaskets I needed. They not only got them from harley overnight which no one else would do but then second day sent them to me. Gave me the 20% off and when I had a question about the shipping charges they knocked them in half. I have to say they went out of there way to treat me right.

nightrodjc it may be that the online part of the store and service differ greatly but I have to admit that I'll buy from them again and they went out of there way to make my order go right. Kudo's to Hales from me.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
I'm glad you had good luck with them Max, I just have not.I also know alot of dealers have bad reps. You should see how they start up their used bikes to put away at the end of the day..YIKES, EVER HEARD OF PISTON SCUFFFFFF.
I will buy new part off them but thats about it..just my 2 cents

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
It's only 20% for out of state phone orders.

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
20% all of the time

I've purchased allot of parts from Hales. As long as I have the part number when I call, they give me a 20% discount. They have always been very helpful and courteous on the phone.:2cents:

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
Purchased my first accessory item from them today and the price was lower than that listed on the HD website and still more inexpensive than what I found on ebay. To top it all off, they already shipped my order off. Wasn't expecting it to ship until tomorrow...it was that quick. Not sure about the discount but at the price I got, I'm pretty pleased with them right now! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Another Great Hales Experience

I've been buying stuff from Hales since I learned about them on this forum more than 2 years ago, FXRG gloves, heavy weight jacket and pants, chrome kit, etc etc and now just ordered an engine guard peg mounting kit, pegs, new (different) heel rests and a shift peg.

I've always found their staff to be very knowledgeable, extremely courteous and helpful. I had some questions about the sizing on the 50500-03 (oversize), 50130-95A (large) and 50131-95A pegs, got good info so I was able to make a decision without seeing the item.

My questions answered, I read off my list of item numbers (all were in stock, another great thing about them, they often have what you want, in stock). they already had my card number onfile so with my name and zip code, and item numbers, it was all done in probably less than 3 minutes, including my q&a.

I've worked in service industries over 35 years and get frustrated easily with poor service. In this case however, I want to give an honorable mention for Hales great service.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I live fairly close to Hale's, also, and really enjoy browsing their large display of accessories and clothing showroom. I just bought 140 worth of stuff there and forgot to ask them about discount, though not sure they would honor it. That said, their bike sales group seems to be unmotivated -- generally ignore you when shopping. I tried to buy a bike (Buell Ulysses) off of them earlier this year and they quoted me a non-negotiable price. I went home and saw the same bike in their cycletrader.com ad for hundreds less. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts