Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the V fine tuned today with good results. I am running the Force style pipes and was using RJ' s custom map with it. I told them I liked the non decel pop that his map had so the tuner took the map and tuned the bike from there and was able to get a couple of more HP. Runs 111.83 HP with torque at 77.87. I also told him I didn' t want to jeopardize too much of my mpg so he didn' t richen it up as much as his machine wanted him too. I had it done at Smithers Customs in Olathe, KS. He uses the DynoJet 250i. Still not sure it was worth the $325 but it does run strong and smooth with no decel pop.

Attachments

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Looks pretty smooth!

·
Not from 'round here
1,632 Posts
KCK_Fireman said:
Still not sure it was worth the $325 but it does run strong and smooth with no decel pop.
A custom map ia always worth the money! At least you know you're getting the best out of what you have. :D

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
KCK_Fireman said:
I am running the Force style pipes and was using RJ' s custom map with it. -
edit: after posting here and then again on the next post I realized I had already found my answer :thumb:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I just loaded the map you had posted the efi section...this one
and I just took the bike for a little test run and that map took away all my decel popping :thumb: it still popped or backfired a couple of times but nothing anywhere near as bad as it was before with the 024 map powercommander has.

edit: I just realized that was a post from yesterday. so I guess that's the one you talking about here. Thanks for posting it!!!! it works great! I kind of feel guilty that you spent the money and trouble and I stumbled across it. Thanks again :thumb:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
well your one hellava guy for spending the money on it, and then posting it up here :thumb: I really appreciate it!!!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
That's a very good WOT pull but what did he do in the other 500 data points the EFI uses to meter fuel into the bike??????

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I've ran a few tanks of gas out while useing your map (thanks again) and I've noticed I'm getting better mpg (which I'm not complaining about that). I would have figured it would be worse but twice now I've gotten 37-38 mpg, before I was at 32-35 mpg. how is it working for you?

·
Burn Baby Burn!!
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is about what I average on mpg. I get only 35 or so when it' s city stuff but up near 40 mpg on the hwy. I could maybe do better if I could keep out of the throttle, but that' s the beauty of this bike.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
good numbers, having a custom tune is well worth the money!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts