Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums, just purchased an '05 VRSCB a few weeks ago and LUVIN It !! Just did a search on bulb size which is H4. I've done a lotta headlight upgrades to various vehicles that I've owned and found a set of 100/80 H4's. My question is if I use one of these will it damage my headlight wiring ??? In my experience some vehicles wiring harnesses weren't made to support an 80w drain.....

Thanx in advance ...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
New to the forums, just purchased an '05 VRSCB a few weeks ago and LUVIN It !! Just did a search on bulb size which is H4. I've done a lotta headlight upgrades to various vehicles that I've owned and found a set of 100/80 H4's. My question is if I use one of these will it damage my headlight wiring ??? In my experience some vehicles wiring harnesses weren't made to support an 80w drain.....

Thanx in advance ...
I'm not sure about damaging the wiring but I use This 60/55 Watt Bulb in my '04 B

·
VRSC est -03
2,494 Posts
Hei.
Avoid 80/100.
A quality 55/60 will outmatch the bigger one..
Try Osram or Phillips H4. Twice the price and half life time as a "stock" one
but well worth! You wont regret!
Knut.

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a Sylvania Silverstar Gold H4 from Wally World, and it fits great, nice and bright and has that HID appearance.
I did the same a couple days ago and installed last night. After cleaning the inside of the light it's definately better than the stock H4, but nowhere near HID ..

I did install SMD (LED) bulbs in the plate lights, and THOSE definately look HID compared to the old ones though these are lil overkill... LoL

I have ordered SMD bulbs for the tail light to hold me off til I get the Factory LED, we'll see well it works it. May not need to spend the $139.00......

Thanx Roy

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
Someone sells a H4 compact HID kit here don't they? I saw one a while back for around $30 if I am not mistaken. It may have been a single element version. For what the silver star costs it may have been justifiable to put in the HID :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts